Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New E-Kit

User Info Menu

Default New E-Kit

Well, I've got a new e-kit for a little while. I took advantage of the Memorial Day sales, and picked up a Simmons SD7K e-kit today. I wanted to get an e-kit that I could pass along to my daughter and son-in-law when they are ready. In the meantime, I played it a few times at GC; it's pretty fun to play, and it allows me to be quieter. It's also not an expensive kit, but it should serve my needs.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Default Re: New E-Kit

Welcome to the " E " side PB !!
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

Cool PB!!!!!

User Info Menu

I'm looking to get into the e-scene as well. For some reason, my wife doesn't appreciate the sound of my double bass drum practice...for an hour. Go figure.

Thinking about the Roland TD9. Read some good stuff about Hart Dynamcis and Pintech as well though...have to do some more reading.

Nice purchase pastor_bob!!

User Info Menu

Congrats, PB. Did you get any sleep last night?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Yeah, but right after I got it set up I played it for about an hour. Then I had dinner with someone from the church, and came back and played it some more. Then I just had to go over and play the acoustic kit for a while! It was a good night!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Nice kit PB, how do like it so far? I need to get one for my son, or convert his accountic kit to electronic so he can practise and not blow the neighbors out. I'm going to have to look into those.

User Info Menu

BTD, I played it, along with some of the other more expensive kits, at GC. It's a decent kit, and it runs about $600. I got mine for closer to $500, which is why I decided to go for it. You sure wouldn't gig with it, but I don't think it's bad for practice, and reviews seem to be fairly positive. The rack probably isn't the sturdiest thing I've ever seen, but then it really doesn't have to support a lot of weight. Everything else seems pretty good. The snare is a dual zone pad so that you can trigger rim sounds too. Everything else is single zone. It claims to have 300 voices, but then some of them have little to do with drum sounds IMHO, but then I think it covers enough varieties of sound to make things very interesting. Each "drum" pad can be tuned, and assigned different sounds. the cymbals can also be set to sound like different types of cymbals, like crashes, chinas, etc. It even gives you an ability to set up your own "kit," and save those sounds as a new preset.

I'll let you know if I find out anything else that is especially cool.

User Info Menu

Nice E-drums there PB!!! I can see your quite a musicain too, with the guitar and all!!!
    “The doctor listens in with a stethoscope and hears sounds of a warpath Indian drum.”

User Info Menu

They are great for practicing. enjoy!
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

Cool Re: New E-Kit

Welcome To "e-world" Pb!!!!! Seems In Da Short Time I've Been A Part Of Da Phamily You Have Really Blossomed As A Player...exploring And Seeking Paths Dat Still Others Fear To Approach....and Ya Even Got Yer Kids Involved Along Da Way!!!!(how Is Yer Darling Daughter By Da Way? Tell Her We Said "hey")'play Dat Phunky Music White Boy!!!
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PHROGGE View Post
    Welcome To "e-world" Pb!!!!! Seems In Da Short Time I've Been A Part Of Da Phamily You Have Really Blossomed As A Player...exploring And Seeking Paths Dat Still Others Fear To Approach....and Ya Even Got Yer Kids Involved Along Da Way!!!!(how Is Yer Darling Daughter By Da Way? Tell Her We Said "hey")'play Dat Phunky Music White Boy!!!
    Thanks for the pat on the back PHROGGE. We can all use that at time. I will certainly tell my daughter that you said "hey."

User Info Menu

Congrats, PB! Sounds like the "E-word" is anything but "evil" to you!

Now we know you're "addicted to drums," since you rocked the e-drums AND the acoustics on the same day!

Rock 'em, bro'!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Congrats Pastor Bob!! Everyone is always telling me you have to spend at least $1000 to get a decent ekit, and you just proved them all wrong! Excellent!
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

yesss, another e member, well done buddy, does it have any on board songs to jam along with? can u run an mp3 thru it via an aux in? u will love it if ya can. and does it have a click?

User Info Menu

Yes, yea, and yes to the questions Rat. I really haven't checked out the songs yet, because I'm still exploring the various sounds. I have played to the click track, and I have to say that I think that thing is off a little bit. Seriously though, the click track can either be clicks with a tone on the 1st beat, or a voice counting out the beats. I will also be connecting my laptop to the "auxillary in" so that I can jam along with my favorite tunes!

User Info Menu

PB I've got to ask you, how do you get by with your family having two kits set up in the living room? As suppotive as my wife is, she wouldn't go for that for minute!

User Info Menu

Get Da Phamily To Jam On Whatevers Nearest When They Sit Down And Then Ya Gotcha A Phamily Band (Ya Cant Complain If Yer Playin Too!!!!)
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    PB I've got to ask you, how do you get by with your family having two kits set up in the living room? As suppotive as my wife is, she wouldn't go for that for minute!
    BTD, my kids are grown, and my wife decided to go a different path 10 years ago; she just couldn't accept that I was being called into the ministry. Being single, I guess you can see that I can put a kit in any room of this house that I want, and playing the drums lets me express my heart.

User Info Menu

I understand PB, sorry about your wife, but that certainly explains things!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    I understand PB, sorry about your wife, but that certainly explains things!
    Wouldn't it be great if this life could be perfect? Unfortunately, we've all got our stories to tell.

User Info Menu

Also very true, PB

User Info Menu

whats with the guitar gear pb?

I like the kit, It sounds good but i have never heard of them before

Have fun with it.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Stevo, I actually started playing music again, about 10 years ago, by learning to play the guitar (I actually played the clarinet for 2 years back in grade school). I picked up a drum practice pad to help me with rhythm as I was learning new strumming patterns. The practice pad re-ignited the desire to play drums that had been there since I was about 4-5 years old. Right now, I'm having a great time playing multiple instruments, but it's the drums that really do it for me!

User Info Menu

Hi pastor_Bob
    it looks like you have the best of both now - with an acoustic and an electric..
    it looks fun to play
    Yes indeed we all have stories to tell.

respects