Thread: Yamaha DTXPRESS-3 Review

User Info Menu

Default Yamaha DTXPRESS-3 Review

I ventured around Guitar Center this evening until I spotted this as a new arrival in the center of the floor. I had been waiting for an order to come through, so I had some time to spare and figured I'd try it out. I'll be the first to say this set is 10x better than any Roland model I've ever played on. The sounds and depth are ultra realistic and the kit choices are multiple. The one thing I love about this set's module is that unlike any other e-kit I've played, it allows you to record different sounds directly onto the module itself, select their placement, and create as a user kit. If there was one thing "uncertain" I would review about it, it would be that the hihats aren't quite as responsive as most would want, but their sound quality is very high, it just takes a bit of a harder hit. Overall for $4000, these babies are definitely worth it and blow the TD-20 out of the water in pretty much all fields.
    Well that's my little review for the night, I suggest you guys go out and try this thing if you're interested, if not, they're sick to jam on. I was playing to some recorded funk bass track on the module and some dude jumped on the percussion set and played along, fun fun.

www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Default Re: Yamaha DTXPRESS-3

Cool 32HB. Thanks for the review! I confess that I wish I could have afforded the Yammie set.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I heard Roland's got a new kit coming out. I wonder how it will compare to this.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat View Post
    I ventured around Guitar Center this evening until I spotted this as a new arrival in the center of the floor. I had been waiting for an order to come through, so I had some time to spare and figured I'd try it out. I'll be the first to say this set is 10x better than any Roland model I've ever played on. The sounds and depth are ultra realistic and the kit choices are multiple. The one thing I love about this set's module is that unlike any other e-kit I've played, it allows you to record different sounds directly onto the module itself, select their placement, and create as a user kit. If there was one thing "uncertain" I would review about it, it would be that the hihats aren't quite as responsive as most would want, but their sound quality is very high, it just takes a bit of a harder hit. Overall for $4000, these babies are definitely worth it and blow the TD-20 out of the water in pretty much all fields.
    Well that's my little review for the night, I suggest you guys go out and try this thing if you're interested, if not, they're sick to jam on. I was playing to some recorded funk bass track on the module and some dude jumped on the percussion set and played along, fun fun.

HOLA COMO ESTAS 32ndHEARTBEAT*CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST (CAT) GRACIAS FOR THE HOT INFO(KNOWLEDGE) I am going to CHECK THIS REALLY OUT **

User Info Menu

I got some whicked kits and sounds programmed in my user kits, not only can you select different voices to your kits you can change individual sounds, echo, decay, pan, volume etc etc to each sound!! its brilliant.

User Info Menu

Do you have the DT3?
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

I have the express 1v special

User Info Menu

Did you mean the DTXtreme III, the express 3 is an old mid-grade set?