Thread: drop clutch

User Info Menu

Default drop clutch

i got one yesterday, they are really great, you can play dbl. bass and have the hihat open by hitting the clutch. and when you want it opened you just step on the pdl. mines a gibraltor one. anyone else have experince with them.

User Info Menu

Default Re: drop clutch

I have a DW one that works on the same principle, I don't use it a lot because I don't play music that requires much double bass blast beats etc. I use my double pedal mainly for endings and such. they are cool though!

User Info Menu

I got one last year and I love it. I think it's a Ludwig? I don't use double bass all that much, but it's still fun to mess around with.

User Info Menu

Hmm....
    I still looking forward to buy it....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

Ditto to the above. Got a Tama one... not much db but I still use it and like it.

Stix
    Encouragement = Fertilizer for the seed of desire
    & the flower of accomplishment.

Sonor S-Class -Ash

22 Bass, 8, 10, 12, 14 Rack, 16 Floor
    14X5 D454 Chrome Snare
    21 Zildjian Ride, 21 Zilco Crash Ride, 15 Sabian AAX Dark Crash
    14 Sabian XS20 Medium Crash, 13 Sabian El Sabor Splash, 13 Zildjian A Custom Hats
    10 Paiste Twenty Splash, 10 Zildjian A Splash, 6 Zildjian Zilbel
    Tama Iron Cobra 2X Pedal & Hatstand, Pearl Icon Rack

www.myspace.com/stix51861

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DeathMetalDrummer View Post
    i got one yesterday, they are really great, you can play dbl. bass and have the hihat open by hitting the clutch. and when you want it opened you just step on the pdl. mines a gibraltor one. anyone else have experince with them.
    HOLA COMO ESTAS DEATHMETALDRUMMER*CREATIVE ARTISTIC
    DRUMMER ARTIST(CAT) THATS VERY COOL * I am going to GET A NEW IRON COBRA CLUTCH * My OLD ONE is A NOT WORTH MUCH & I need EXTREMMMMXX SMOOTH ACTION **SO THATS WHY I am Getting THE TAMA
    IRON COBRA CLUTCH**GRACIAS WAHT EVER WORKS FOR THE CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST IS ALL GREAT within THEIR OWN UNIQUE CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTISTRY (STYLE) within their JOURNEYS OFTHIS VERY
    ANCIENT SPIRITUAL ANCIENT ART FORM***

User Info Menu

I have an old Rogers drop clutch, but don't use it a lot. I set up the second kick pedal next to and forward of the hat pedal. That way, I can hold the hats shut with my heel and play the kick.
    And the trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw. . .

User Info Menu

I would like to get one. At the moment I have a fixed hi-hat to my right when I play double kicks on the rare occassion.
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by livewire80 View Post
    I would like to get one. At the moment I have a fixed hi-hat to my right when I play double kicks on the rare occassion.
    I've seen drummers on youtube do that, watch this video, this guy is a really great drummer, he uses a closed hi-hat also

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZEZ6vDChcS4

User Info Menu

I used to want one back in high school but didn't have the money for one and mommy wouldn't buy it. :(

So I adjusted my hi-hats to not be open so much. If I needed them closed all the way, I wasn't playing double bass so my foot was free to be on the hi-hat. I've adapted to playing like this all the time, even if there's not double bass involved.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

I have a pearl. I don't use it as I don't have a double bass pedal but it came with my kit which also came with a cable driven high hat stand. I think the clutch came with the remote high hat kit when the guy I bought my drums from bought the remote hat.

User Info Menu

i didn't know tama and DW made them. i thought it was just pearl and gibraltor

User Info Menu

the gibraltar drop clutch i bought won't fit my pearl hihat stand.
    Drums, drums, drums!

5-pc standard 6-ply birch kit
    13x6 Black Panther Maple Snare
    14" Zildjian New Beat HH
    21" Zildjian Sweet Ride
    18.5" Sabian Chad Smith Signature Crash
    20" 5-star Super Zyn Crash/Ride
    Evans G1 on toms, EC2 on bass
    Evans Genera Dry on Snare
    Pearl Throne, H820w HH Stand, P122-TW DB Pedals
    Gibraltar stands

User Info Menu

mmm thats wierd, what type of hi hat stand u got
    being a succesful musician has nothing to do with being signed, popular or making alot of money. It has to do with making great music.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DeathMetalDrummer View Post

yeah ive got some pretty good experience with them, ive had mine for about two years, its hard to get it to go down when u hit it with a stick tho, so i just use my hand
    being a succesful musician has nothing to do with being signed, popular or making alot of money. It has to do with making great music.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by justinmill14 View Post
    its hard to get it to go down when u hit it with a stick tho, so i just use my hand
    same with me

User Info Menu

I've always thought I should buy one, but I've always kind of seen it as a splash in the way that I don't think it's 100% needed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by justinmill14 View Post
    yeah ive got some pretty good experience with them, ive had mine for about two years, its hard to get it to go down when u hit it with a stick tho, so i just use my hand
    HOLA COMO ESTAS JUSTINMILL 14 CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST(CAT) I was useing the A DROP CLUTCH * For a long TIME *
    AND ALWAYS At least for My ARTISTRY *THEY just (DID-NOT WORK RIGHT *
    UNTIL recently ,WHEN I PURCHASED A IRON COBRA CLUTCH HH905XP
    THESE (2) PEDALS THAT LEt the CRETIVE ARTIST work the HI-HAT(SOCK)
    within a very SMOOTH TRANSACTION from your DOUBLE PEDALS ,I Love the IRON COBRA CLUTCH THEIR (ROJO -CALIENTE')(RED -HOT) LETS the CREATIVE ARTIST CREATE A VERY SMOOTH FLOW AND OPENS UP (ENHANCES) THE TECHNIQUES to VERY NEW DIMENSIONS *I recommend them for ANY ARTIST who is A VERY SERIOUS (ARTISTIC CREATIVE OPEN MINDED ARTIST within gaining A VERY UNIQUE DICIPLINE TECHNIQUES within their ARTISTRY AS A DOUBLE PEDAL PERFORMER..WHAT EVER WORKS for the CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST IS ALL GREAT within their OWN UNIQUE JOURNEYS *(STYLE) (ARTISTRY) GRACIAS ,ITS COOL that this IRON
    COBRA is HERE FOR THE NEW DIMENSIONS as In the OLD DAYS it was your CONTROLED DISCIPLINE TECHNIQUES DOING AOT of Work *BUT THAT was VERY COOL I loved it *thats what we had** and we MADE IT WORK SMOOTH***GRACIAS