Thread: loose beater

User Info Menu

Default loose beater

Hey guys it's been over a year since i came on here, but my bass drum beater keeps coming loose from the pedal. Most people just think that the screw is just stripped and i know i can buy new ones. But could it be anything else? Thanks

User Info Menu

Default Re: loose beater

I don't think so!!!

User Info Menu

I should qualify that. Provided that the bass drum beater rod is the proper diameter and provided that the set screw for the beater rod is functioning properly, then there is little else mecanicly that can cause the problem.

User Info Menu

Just a thought. You might take a flat file to your rod to insure the screw bites good..?
    Q-Would you buy another one if it were stolen?
    A-Well yeah... But, I'd probly turn into a homicidal maniac first!

User Info Menu

Cool Re: loose beater

lhebs...is it possible that the hole where the beater rod goes into your pedal is now a bit elongated because it keeps comin' loose? I'm not saying that is the case, but if it's been floppin' around, it may be part of your problem...

the other suggestions are good, but they may all be tied-in together...

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Check to see if it's the screw or the housing that's stripped. If it's the screw, get a new one. If it's the housing... you can see if the pedal company will replace it for you, or you can see if it's worth it to buy the part vs. buying a new pedal.

If it's not stripped, maybe buy a new beater.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47