Thread: scale of 1-10

User Info Menu

Default scale of 1-10

Ok im looking into new cymbals to add but i dont need anything like zildian k series and ive seen three series that are popular and wanted to see them on the scale

so... 1 being crap and 10 being amazing 5 of course is good, what would you rate the

1.sabian b8 series
    2.zildjian zbt series
    3.zildjian zht series

thanks for your opinions

User Info Menu

Default Re: scale of 1-10

All of those cynbals are sheet bronze cymbals and are considered entry level. given the scale you offered I guess I would say 3 to 5 maybe. It is definatly debatable, sound is a vary individual thing!

User Info Menu

I have the ZBT set so Ill give my opinion. I am pretty happy with the 16" crash and the hi hats. Especailly for the price they give a nice sound so for those probably a 6. The ride and 18" crash I wasn't happy with. The ride had a pretty bad sound if you crashed on it at all and the 18 just sounds weird. So for those i give a 3. Though I was really happy I just replaced the ride with a zildjain sweet ride which sounds great.
    However for the money I'd say the ZBT's are pretty good

User Info Menu

Considering the amount of different cymbal qualities and brands out there, I would rate these choices as 2-3. There are products like the Paiste Alpha or 2002 that I would give the 3-7 range, some of these pieces can cost almost the same as the ZBT's or ZHT's.
    Last edited by 32ndHeartBeat; 06-02-2008 at 06:35 PM.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

I think the ZBT's are pretty good. The hi hats are probably better than the 16" crash, but the ride I don't like as much. I would give the whole set about a 6, because I am just a beginner. I haven't experienced the others you mentioned.

User Info Menu

13 inch hi hat is good i give a = 6 not the 14= 4

but the rest i give 2.5

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Hey beetbox ,these are entry level cymbals . I agree with BTD on sound being important to the one who is using the cymbal . I wouldnt rate the cymbals very high myself and I like Zildjian cymbals .

I would suggest to you to take the 200 bucks it would cost for the starter pack of ZBT cymbals and see if you can find 1 or 2 higher-grade used cymbals on Ebay or your local music store .

Finally.........Welcome to the forum , and good luck with the cymbals .

User Info Menu

sabian Xs20 and paiste PST 5 are much better than ZHT,ZBT,and B8, and they are only about 10 bucks more expensive

User Info Menu

i agree with with deathmetaldrummer. 100%
    if you can't keep time... then your just making noise!

User Info Menu

I have ZBTs and I think the 14" hats sound pretty good for the price, I'm very impressed with the Ride, and I'm not really a fan of the 16" crash - it's very tinny.

There are quite a few variations of ZBTs; rock, pro etc, and everyone has different tastes and likes different sounds... So you'd have to go and have a bash and a listen for yourself to really know if you were getting a good deal.

User Info Menu

on the same scale what would yall rate saluda mist x cymbals, i'm thinking about getting some
    silver Percussion Plus 5pc.

14" Paiste 3000 heavy hats

16" Sabian b8 pro thin crash

20" Paiste 502 plus ride

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jguzman361 View Post
    on the same scale what would yall rate saluda mist x cymbals, i'm thinking about getting some
    The MistX are probably the only Saluda cymbals I would buy. I would put them up there at 6-7 on my own scale and compare them to Paiste 2002 rock cymbals.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

I don't have any experience with Saluda cymbals, so I can't comment on those.

Beetbox, welcome to Drum Chat. I see the posting worked out. As has been said, the cymbals you asked about are entry level sheet brass cymbals, meaning that they are stamped out rather than being handmade. They are certainly a step up from the entry level cymbals that come with the kits, and if money is a concern, they can get the job doen for a while. The time comes, though when you will develop your ear for quality sound, and you will begin upgrading your cymbals. It all comes down to what you can afford right now.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Hey Beetbox....
    As you see...everyone has different opinion....

I myself is the big fan of Zildjian...
    And comparing between ZBT and ZHT, I would said grab some ZBT 4 starter packs...
    Why ?? Cause it worth for the money...(The Crash is nice)

But I heard that ZHT mastersound Hats...Sound beautiful....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX