Thread: 21" Ufip Natural ride review

User Info Menu

Default 21" Ufip Natural ride review

A li'l review of my 21" Ufip Natural ride (heavy version).

You'd expect a 3300 g cymbal to be all on the ping-y side; in fact, while it does remain clear and concise all across the bow, it still gives off a very pleasant shimmer of ginger (as in delicate, not as in reddish), darkish overtones. Dry, full-bodied and dark - just what I've come to expect from rugged (E)T(r)uscan bronze (gawd, not that pun again!).

Played on the rim, the cymbal opens up letting its tone linger in all its beauty.

The bell brings out all of the cymbal's sheer power - loud, cutting and in-your-face, retaining the cymbal's dark character.

The scratches and reliefs are the result of the spin-casting craft used to make the cymbals.

Addendum: if you have any questions concerning Ufip cymbals, I'm your man I have a bunch of 'em - Bionics, Naturals, Roughs, Classes and Experiences.

Picture:

Last edited by Suffocation; 06-05-2008 at 12:03 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: 21" Ufip Natural ride review

ok this thread is weird. There's nothing here or is it just me?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Ha, It's gotta be you Bish. There's 2 postings already!

User Info Menu

I can only figure that a first post was deleted. It is sort of like going out to the playground, and finding out that there's no one else there!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Someone has gotta be able to let us know about Ufip cymbals. I heard of them, but never heard them!

User Info Menu

Drat and bother - I'd posted a review of that cymbal and now it's gone...

I'll see if I can retrieve it from somewhere...

Ho ho, it's back - the wonders of the web.
    Last edited by Suffocation; 06-05-2008 at 05:24 PM.

User Info Menu

Why is it that Cymbal reviews sound like bottles of fine wine?

User Info Menu

'Cause Ufips are made in Tuscany!

User Info Menu

That is one beatiful ride you have there, sir. I always was interested in UFIP cymbals, but they cost too damn much for me to ever get my hands on one lol. Great review, I hope to here much more from you.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Suffocation View Post
    A li'l review of my 21" Ufip Natural ride (heavy version).

You'd expect a 3300 g cymbal to be all on the ping-y side; in fact, while it does remain clear and concise all across the bow, it still gives off a very pleasant shimmer of ginger (as in delicate, not as in reddish), darkish overtones. Dry, full-bodied and dark - just what I've come to expect from rugged (E)T(r)uscan bronze (gawd, not that pun again!).

Played on the rim, the cymbal opens up letting its tone linger in all its beauty.

The bell brings out all of the cymbal's sheer power - loud, cutting and in-your-face, retaining the cymbal's dark character.

The scratches and reliefs are the result of the spin-casting craft used to make the cymbals.

Addendum: if you have any questions concerning Ufip cymbals, I'm your man I have a bunch of 'em - Bionics, Naturals, Roughs, Classes and Experiences.

Picture:

HOLA COMO ESTAS SUFFOCATION CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST (CAT) THATS A VERY (ROJ-CALIENTE' )(RED-HOT) CYMBAL (BEAUTIFUL)**I just PICK UP (2) VERY HOT ISTANBUL CYMBALS (1) very RARE **GRACIAS
    16" THIN*CRASH SIGNED**&** A 20" SUTAN AGOP *RIDE **

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat View Post
    That is one beatiful ride you have there, sir. I always was interested in UFIP cymbals, but they cost too damn much for me to ever get my hands on one lol. Great review, I hope to here much more from you.
    Yeah, they are pretty pricey over here. Are they expensive in Italy Suffocation?

User Info Menu

Hey lads, glad you liked the review!

Ufips are indeed rather cheaper in Italy than overseas. The foundry is in sunny old Tuscany, so freight costs are kept to a minimum.

I got most of mine either second-hand or from the foundry itself, which was quite an experience since I saw them at work and was allowed to choose from the thousands and thousands they had in stock.

User Info Menu

Very nice lookin cymbals , can you post any sound clips or a vid sometime . Would be interested in hearing them .

User Info Menu

Under the tuscan sun, I can see you now Suffo, glass of merlot in one hand hairy armpitted Italian gal in the other, looking out over the valley with the sun shimmering off the top of that bad boy ride cymbal.
    what a brilliant review, I can hear that puppy sizzling from here. love the look of the ufips, most guy's would think they are cracks in the cast. tell me they really dont go mad on the overtones though eh? just subtle and smooth for such a big fat cymbal. I want mine back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

that cymbal looks pretty cool

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ratmycue View Post
    Under the tuscan sun, I can see you now Suffo, glass of merlot in one hand hairy armpitted Italian gal in the other, looking out over the valley with the sun shimmering off the top of that bad boy ride cymbal.
    what a brilliant review, I can hear that puppy sizzling from here. love the look of the ufips, most guy's would think they are cracks in the cast. tell me they really dont go mad on the overtones though eh? just subtle and smooth for such a big fat cymbal. I want mine back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Rofl! More likely to be Brunello di Montalcino - best red wine across the globe, hands down (and goblets up).

Glad you liked the review This version of the ride does have its share of overtones but they won't come out unless you prompt them. Natural rides are available in heavy (mine), medium and light weights, so if you like your ride to be dark and dry then you can be pretty sure this line's for you

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    Very nice lookin cymbals , can you post any sound clips or a vid sometime . Would be interested in hearing them .
    Hmm... the only "recording equipment" I have at the moment is my lousy old laptop and Audacity. I'll see what I can do

User Info Menu

nice review!! May have to pick one of these up. have a couple class series cymbals and they are fantastic. there is something special about the shimmer of a UFIP, it's truly different. How much do you Italian boys pick these up for over there? here your looking at about $280 US to pick one of those up, well thats about the cheapest i have found them at CymbalRack. anyone seen them cheaper?? I want a natural!