Thread: Cymbal Polish...

User Info Menu

Default Cymbal Polish...

I got Zildjian cymbal polish and tried it out on my cymbal I got a week ago where it had black finger print marks. It took off the finger prints but the cymbal got more shiny than the day I got it. Does this mean that I took off the natural finish? Is this a bad thing? And also, do you guys think it is a good idea to put tape over the logos so they don't come off when you're polishing them?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Cymbal Polish...

Most brand cymbal cleaners won't endanger your logos, you should be careful though if you use things like Brasso or any other metal polish.
    If your cymbal is shinier then when you bought it, the natural finish is still there, it's just that when you bought it, chances are that it was being handled in the store or sitting for a while and collected junk for some time. No worries, man.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Yeph...32 was true....

I read in some forum that you can blend Zildjian polish and some Shampoo to increase its effect....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

Try Groove Juice.....

User Info Menu

i tried cleaning my 17" sabian AAX stage crash w/ soap and water, but it wore of the bottom right part of the letter N

User Info Menu

Yep, Groove Juice rules!
    It doesn't take any real scrubbing and doesn't take off the markings.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fred13 View Post
    Try Groove Juice.....
    Quote Originally Posted by peach_tx View Post
    Yep, Groove Juice rules!
    It doesn't take any real scrubbing and doesn't take off the markings.
    this is the best polish i have EVER tried guys...really...it is the best...cheap too...get your cymbal damp with a water-soaked rag....spray it on...leave it 15 seconds, rinse it under water(make sure you remove all the spray from your cymbal).....and voila....unbelievable results...did my entire cymbal set in about 10 minutes...really nice......the stuff's cheap too.....
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes