Thread: cymbal choices

User Info Menu

Default cymbal choices

i need new cymbals and i was wondering what your thoughts are. i mostly play metal and hard music. i like meinl and paiste alot, but im up for anyones opinions. id like the total cost to be around 1200 or less and i need a ride, 3 crashes(14,16,18), a splash and a hi hat. what do you guys think?

User Info Menu

if u have money go zild..if not go Sabien
    LucidDrummer212, Taking over the drumchat forums 1 post at a time...

myspace.com/rdsspike345

User Info Menu

I have the exact setup your looking for plus a 14" china in the Paiste Alpha / 802 series. I bought all of them used here and there and they ran me a total of $550! They are great sounding cymbals without the great big price tag. Buying used helps. Plastic wrap and carboard boxes have never impressed me enough to pay the extra money for them!
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

yea..I think its better to buy a used set- but i like putting money down for cymbals..i think newer cymbols are better and used sets are better (drum wise) I think you get the true sound out of the drums with it broken in (kinda like a baseball glove)

myspace.com/rdsspike345

User Info Menu

550? wow thats really good. ill check out places in my area to buy used cymbals and check them out. oh and i agree with luciddrummer, sets do sound much better broken in

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SSdrummer721
    i need new cymbals and i was wondering what your thoughts are. i mostly play metal and hard music. i like meinl and paiste alot, but im up for anyones opinions. id like the total cost to be around 1200 or less and i need a ride, 3 crashes(14,16,18), a splash and a hi hat. what do you guys think?
    Music stores have 50% off sales all the time on cymbals. Wait for the sale and save yourself $600.
    Limpy
    *Drum yourself to death

User Info Menu

yup...basically what i did

myspace.com/rdsspike345

User Info Menu

Go for what sound you like the best... duh. Paiste signatures are expensive but sound incredible, wish I could afford them, I destroyed my last batch.

User Info Menu

Im thinking bout going meinl cymbals whats peoples thoughts on them??

User Info Menu

I've never played them personally but if you like the sound, go for it. They're an upstanding company with a name brand.

BTW, welcome to Drum Chat!