Thread: Favorite All-Around 16 In. Crash

User Info Menu

Default Favorite All-Around 16 In. Crash

Just wondering what the opinions were if you had to choose 1 16 in. crash to play with in a contemporary environment. Maybe offer two choices. I LOVE my 16 in. Zildjian Vintage Crash.
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

Default Re: Favorite All-Around 16 In. Crash

My 16" Avedis thin!!

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Favorite All-Around 16 In. Crash

I Actually Use Da Bottom Of An Old 60's 15" Zildian Hihat (upside Down)above My Closed Hats On Right Hand Side,,,,best All Purpose Crash/ride I've Ever Used....I Have An Old 16" Zildjian Band Cymbal (bought In Pawn Shop Indianapolis Indiana For $20 In 1972 )thats Great For Big Band Swing Too!!!
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

Hmmm....
    All-Around Cymbal huh ??
    Guess A Custom medium crash is count in.....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

The good old 16 in' A zildjian crash is probably the best for everything

User Info Menu

a K custom dark crash, i hope to get an 18" and a 16" soon

User Info Menu

I listened to a lot of cymbals before I settled on the Zildjian A Customs for my crashes. I have a 16" and an 18" Fast Crash. These sound best to my ears when I want a crash sound.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

A customs are definitely nice...i love them...
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazydrummer View Post
    A customs are definitely nice...i love them...
    they are great cymbals

User Info Menu

paiste 2002 or perhaps signature reflector, i havent gotten to use the sig much yet (its technicaly my birthday present) but i use my 2002 as a crash a ride everything i need this is my work horse cymbal.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazydrummer View Post
    Just wondering what the opinions were if you had to choose 1 16 in. crash to play with in a contemporary environment. Maybe offer two choices. I LOVE my 16 in. Zildjian Vintage Crash.
    HOLA COMO ESTAS CRAZYDRUMMER *CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST (CAT)I really love all MY 16" CYMBALS ,THEY are all very unique within their BEYOND TONES FROM HOT STARS of BRIGHT SHINE TO THE OBSCURE MYSTRY within THE DARK TONES to the EVER SO FAST AND SHARP just LIKE A VERY ANCIENT KNIGHTS SWORD PENETRATING within
    TEXTURED ACCENTED TONES AND LIGHT COSMIC SHOOTING STARS (COMETS) and even the WHISPERS within the SILINCE of the CALMING(TRANQUAIL) ocean*******
    waves as they CAN ENCHANT within * of* (ONES )JOURNEY THEY ALL SOUND FANTASTIC *GRACIAS *WHAT EVER WORKS for the CREATIVE OPEN MINDED ARTIST IS ALL GREAT within their OUN UNIQUE ARTISTRY **

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I listened to a lot of cymbals before I settled on the Zildjian A Customs for my crashes. I have a 16" and an 18" Fast Crash. These sound best to my ears when I want a crash sound.
    I have all A customs as well. They are very nice sounding cymbals both recorded and live.

User Info Menu

My favorite 16 in crash is my newly acquired Istanbul Agop 16" Dark Crash. Probably not what most would consider an all around cymbal, most would probably want something a little brighter. Our drummer in the big band I'm with plays Zildian Avedis Cybals and his 16" crash sounds pretty great. So given the qualification of all around cymbal I would have to say the 16" Avedis Zildian would be my favorite.
    Gretsch Catalina Birch 6 piece fusion set (10,12,14,16in. Toms, 22 Bass). Sabian 20" HH Classic Ride, 16" Istanbul Agop Dark Crash, & Zildian K 13" Hi-hats.

User Info Menu

Avedis Zildjian sounds great, but I think it just suitable for Punk and Rock genres....
    Different from A Custom that suitable for almost off all modern music nowadays....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STICKSWIZZARDDRAGON View Post
    HOLA COMO ESTAS CRAZYDRUMMER *CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST (CAT)I really love all MY 16" CYMBALS ,THEY are all very unique within their BEYOND TONES FROM HOT STARS of BRIGHT SHINE TO THE OBSCURE MYSTRY within THE DARK TONES to the EVER SO FAST AND SHARP just LIKE A VERY ANCIENT KNIGHTS SWORD PENETRATING within
    TEXTURED ACCENTED TONES AND LIGHT COSMIC SHOOTING STARS (COMETS) and even the WHISPERS within the SILINCE of the CALMING(TRANQUAIL) ocean*******
    waves as they CAN ENCHANT within * of* (ONES )JOURNEY THEY ALL SOUND FANTASTIC *GRACIAS *WHAT EVER WORKS for the CREATIVE OPEN MINDED ARTIST IS ALL GREAT within their OUN UNIQUE ARTISTRY **
    love your artistic descriptions...keep on rockin bro!