Thread: Drum Tabs

User Info Menu

Default Drum Tabs

Who uses them? I personally hate them. They're inconsistent from one to another. Standard notation is so much more reliable and universal.

User Info Menu

i hear about em but dont know enough to say. i think there for people that are too lazy to read right
    max

User Info Menu

i concour......

User Info Menu

i might use em if i didnt learn all my stuff by ear. i mean a tab is a tab, just another musician trying to help out others by using a poor form of visual guidlines
    When drummers are away from their instruments, which is quite often, they often resort to air drumming. Although often distracting to others, playing air drums provides drummers with a mental practice session that can help a great deal.

User Info Menu

thers a site that converts em to normal music its www.drumdecoder.com its in german but u will figure it otu I DID

User Info Menu

i hate it but have been meaning to learn it cause there is no manuscript on the net

a good website for tabs is www.mxtabs.com

User Info Menu

yeah thats the site that i use but i dont really trust tabs that much cause you dont know if its 100% correct always.... but the site actually is www.mxtabs.net/drumtabs.php
    |M|o|u|n|t|a|i|n| |D|e|w| My Anti-Drug

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

i hate drum tabs there gayyyy.i like hearing...........its much better
    lunchable-drummer

User Info Menu

i usually do things by hearing but the bass drum isnt always lound and clear... but then again i've been playing for a couple of months now what do i know... also i'm taking lessons so i just take in music to my teacher and he tells me what it is so its all good
    |M|o|u|n|t|a|i|n| |D|e|w| My Anti-Drug

User Info Menu

In my opinion i think there crap i have always done it by ear or standard notation as it seems to be much more reliable. Hasn't mxtabs been shut down for some reason.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum Tabs

i hate drum tabs, i think they are very innacurate, i just learn it by ear, or if its a hard song, ill watch someone play it on youtube to learn it better

User Info Menu

I learn by ear, or Nashville Charts

User Info Menu

I rarely use them, but often times if I come up with a cool rhythm while I'm practicing I will tab it out on a piece of paper so I don't forget it. I usually refer back to it the next few times I'm practicing and then it gets filed away in my memory. My short term memory sucks, so it is very helpful to me.

User Info Menu

I hate all forms of tablature really. I'm not good at sight reading, but I vastly prefer proper music notation to that messy scrawl. It's usually wrong anyway, and I trust my ear a lot more than anyone else.
    Sucks that I can't learn anything from ear with a melodic instrument though xD
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...