Thread: Question about mounting my Kick Pedal.

User Info Menu

Default Question about mounting my Kick Pedal.

When I mount the pedal in the center of the kick drum the beater hits off to the right of the head. When i try to reposition the pedal a little to the left to bting the beater back to the middle of the head...The kick pedal then sits with one side off the floor. How can I mount it so the beater hits on the middle of the head is basically my question....

Thanks in advance!!!!

Nick

User Info Menu

Default Re: Question about mounting my Kick Pedal.

What type pedal do you have? Maybe you can adjust the piece that the beater rod clamps into on the axle (center rod that it attaches to, slide it a little off center on the rod ) so that when you attach your pedal to the bass drum, the beater lines up more centered on the head. It couldn't be off more then an inch or two though why all the fuss about it being exactly in the center?

User Info Menu

Hey there ACQ1 and welcome to the forum. My bass pedal does something of the same. I use the Tama Iron cobra PopwerGlide single pedal. Mine sits slightly off to the right because that is where I have set the beater on the axle. My pedal is more high-end and has these wonderful adjustments. Yours might be the same. I don't don't know because you didn't say which brand and/or model you have. sometimes, I will use my old Ludwig SpeedKing and that is always centered because it was made that way. BTW, never let your pedal sit with one side off the floor, that will put a lot of stress on your bass drum shell and hoops and cause a lot of problems. Keep it flat and look to see if you have the capability to adjust your beater.

User Info Menu

It's a Pacific single pedal. It was pretty cheap, but it's decent. I guess it's no big deal that its off center i was just curious. My other pedal. the one and only other one I have ever owned was dead center cause thats where the beater was. I could try to adjust it, and yes...I made sure the pedal was lying flat on the floor. Thanks for the heads up. I'll check iy out tonight...

Thanks guys!!!

nick

User Info Menu

Gibraltar makes an extender to get the pedal to hit the center of smaller (18") bass drums. That adjustment is up an down; but it has enough width side-to-side to make an adjustment that way as well.

But really, If the difference is only a couple inches, I wouldn't worry about it.
    And the trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw. . .