Thread: Awesome forum !

User Info Menu

Default Awesome forum !

I have been viewing the site for a while now and just decided to register. There is a ton of great information on here, among other things. Something that sticks out the most to me is how friendy everyone is, its awesome. Most forums are very biased and the people are rude in them. From reading alot of peoples postings you all seem to be very knowledgable and ready to lend a helping hand. I just wanted to say thanks for the great site and I look forward to losing my "newbie" ranking !
    "You can take away our keys, you can take away our phones, but you can NOT take away our dreams......Yeah!, thats because were like, sleeping when we have them."

User Info Menu

Default Re: Awesome forum !

Welcome, mcrib06.

Glad you like the place. That's primarily why I'm here, too.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

welcome welcome welcome, you dont have to be worried about this site, any egos and negative bias is soon reported and the offending member is quickly warned and I have seen members removed. tis a cool place with cool peeps, dont forget to visit the newbie intiation thread, look forward to your response.
    how long u been playing? what style etc etc? any pix of your kit? post em in show us your drums. all the best Rat

User Info Menu

My first post was in the initiation so I should be good to go! I just made the leap from guitar to the drums, Ive always wanted to play the drums from a very young age but got into guitar instead for some reason. My style is pretty much......ya know.....uhm......playing and annoying my wife! I got a Pearl forum set, I know I know its a low end Pearl but I really like it. Ive played the drums on and off for years on my friends kits but this is my first so I would say that Ive been playing consistantly for about a month and half now, and loving every minute of it.
    "You can take away our keys, you can take away our phones, but you can NOT take away our dreams......Yeah!, thats because were like, sleeping when we have them."

User Info Menu

glad to have another drummer bro on board, will look for the initiation response , could do with a laugh, keep annoying the missus, well done.

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forum mcrib06 glad to have you here.

User Info Menu

Hello Mcrib and welcome to the Forum. As you've already seen, we are a friendly group and always willing to share what we know with those who ask. We hope that you enjoy your stay and that you will avail yourself of all that we have to offer and make what whatever contributions you have as well.

User Info Menu

Just pull up a chair and enjoy the show , nice to see ya finally joined instead of lurking .

Dont tell any one , but I did the same thing too .

User Info Menu

Welcome Mcrib!!! I know what you mean about forums and attitudes. This place is GREAT!

User Info Menu

Dear mcrib06,
    I hate you. Please go away.

Seriously.... welcome to DrumChat! Glad you decided to join us.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Awesome forum !

Hey, mcrib06!

This is a great place to talk drums and, as you've already discovered, a great place to meet brother and sister drummers of all ages and all levels of experience. I happen to be one of the veteran hand-slammers (hand drummers) in the forum, but if you play drums of any type, you've come to the right place. Glad you aren't lurkin' around anymore...

Enjoy, bro'!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Welcome mcrib! Enjoy the threads. Might see you in the shout box from time to time
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

Mcrib, I have been playing for just over a year now, so I know exactly where you are. Feel free to ask any questions, because you'll find the people here are helpful, and respectful. Enjoy the journey, and welcome!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mcrib06 View Post
    I have been viewing the site for a while now and just decided to register. There is a ton of great information on here, among other things. Something that sticks out the most to me is how friendy everyone is, its awesome. Most forums are very biased and the people are rude in them. From reading alot of peoples postings you all seem to be very knowledgable and ready to lend a helping hand. I just wanted to say thanks for the great site and I look forward to losing my "newbie" ranking !
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOLA como estas MCRIB06*ARTISTIC CREATIVE ARTIST DRUMMER * AND WELCOME to this FANTASTIC DRUM CHAT FORUM PLACE ,
    THEIR is alot a very COOL Creative ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMER (CATS) &(CATRESS) here ,as you journey & Share Knowledge & gain Knowledge ,,
    all the MODERATORS here are very open Minded ,very COOL ARTISTIC CREATIVE ARTIST DRUMMERS * as this is, A VERY ANCIENT SPIRITUAL ANCIENT ART FORM it is FANTASTIC **AGAIN WELCOME **

User Info Menu

Welcome again McRib. I see from your avitar that your a Seahawks fan..... Good man!
    this is a friendly place and I do not think I have seen a cross word or rude post in my time here.
    Dustin Lee Burgess
    Northfleet, England
    mapex mafia & paiste posse

User Info Menu

welcome....for any other people reading this forum and not joined up....you`re missing the best possible input and knowledge available to today`s drummers....hehehehe....
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

Seahawks fan I am ! You guys are making me feel like a dirty old man outside of an elementary school with all the talk of lurking around and what not, haha j/p

User Info Menu

Welcome, mcrib06.

welcome to drumchat And be at home here

enjoy your stay

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Haiya mcrib....
    Nice to meet you here...
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride