Thread: Meinl

User Info Menu

Default Meinl

I havent seen to much talk of meinl on these boards and i was wondering what you guys thought of them. I personally think theyre one of the best brands on the market.(especially their rides)

User Info Menu

Damn, no one answered. That sucks. (Must be busy doing something completely useless with their time...like playing drums or something. LOL!)
    I have Meinl MCS and I like them fine. The only complaint I have is with the ride: The bell is not very lively. Other people have spoken highly of them when compared to the more expensive B8's of the big companies, so that's how I made my decision. (Sure, I'd love to have Zildjian K's or A Custom, but damn, that's some serious money!!!)
    I bought the MCS pack, then added on a 14" crash (to the ride, hi-hats, and 16" crash) for like 40 bucks from musiciansfriend.com. I think I spent a total of maybe 140 bucks for all the cymbals on e-bay (including the extra crash I bought), so I'm feeling pretty good about my purchase. Could finally toss those Camber to the garbage!!!
    sholmes2112

User Info Menu

Default Meinl

OLA * I USE 1 8" splash* I Love the Sound*

User Info Menu

well i just ordered my Byzance's and wow......AMAZING!!!

i beleive that meinl wins in every catagory, they just take the time on every one of there cymbals and dont just crank them out to get them out. *cough cough*sabian*chough sneez*
    -Chance S.
    -I Live My Life By Psalms 150:5

User Info Menu

thats an uhh... bad cough you got there, you might want to get that checked out by sonic beautiful music therapy cough* sabians * cough

User Info Menu

I must admire is a good cymbals....although I'm not biggest fan of them...

Comparing to SABIAN and ZILDJIAN...I've to say MEINL was decent cymbals....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX