Thread: cymbals? whats the best to get

User Info Menu

Post cymbals? whats the best to get

I dont know what to get. sabian, zildjian?
    someone tell me whats the best to get.

User Info Menu

i know many people who use both, I prefer Zildjian but both brands have there strengths in each area. I prefer Sabian crashes over Zildjian but i think Zildjian has the best rides. Go to a music store and try the cymbals they have, if your trying to buy a cymbal to add to your existing set, bring your current cymbals and see what work with eachother, but if your starting new with cymbals or just buying a whole new set try them out for yourself. People have there different opinions on each brand so hear it for yourself and then decide.
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

both good..id lean towards zild
    LucidDrummer212, Taking over the drumchat forums 1 post at a time...

myspace.com/rdsspike345

User Info Menu

ok now say i was to get zildjian. a whole new set what set should i get.
    the best set for pros money is no object in this case so should i get something like a customs or k or the zxt,zht or sabians

User Info Menu

meh..I would say zild but it all depends..different drummers like different things..its all about YOU and YOUR style.
    LucidDrummer212, Taking over the drumchat forums 1 post at a time...

myspace.com/rdsspike345

User Info Menu

depends on the sound youre going for....Z Customs are heavier, meant more for heavy music....A Customs are very bright and tonal.....and A's are a very good, all-around cymbal, will fit well with just about any type of music. And the K series is very dark, and "earthy"...a lot of jazz guys use K's.
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

i would agree with lucid...i prefer sabians but it's all in personal taste, both are excelent brands

User Info Menu

i like zildjian crashes and sabian effects. but there are exceptions, i never thought i would like a sabian ride till i heard the 22" paragon.

User Info Menu

I think Zildjian k custom are wicked! but then again all the Zildjian cymabls rock....

User Info Menu

I've always stuck with Zildjian cymbals. I want to get a set of ZXT's at the moment. If money was no object though, definately Z Customs for me.

HB58

User Info Menu

If your really wanting to get some good Cymbals I'd go with some Zildjian A Customs or Avedjis they are very good all around and sound great, If your wanting something a little more on budget then I'd go with Sabain B8Pro's or AA's they are good cymbals and a pretty good price. Either way Sabian or Zildjian are great cymbals but I prefer Zildjian just a bit more then Sabain.

User Info Menu

Zildjian is just plain awesome to say.

You know whats really annoying? I just found out today that they discontinued the line of ZXT Titaniums. I was going to get a set of those : (

There was a $1000+ (AUD) cymbal pack with a 16" Crash, 14" Hats, 20" Ride and a 10" Flash Splash in it. It woulda been the bomb, would've sounded great AND looked awesome!

Oh wells,
    HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Yeah, they are amazing cymbals.. As you said in another thread they are discontinued and are a great cymbal.. But too be honest I don't think there's much price difference in them and say some Z cymbals.