Thread: Yamaha double pedal

User Info Menu

Default Yamaha double pedal

Anyone out there ever use the Yamaha double bass pedal that has a direct drive system? I was thinking about getting one.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Yamaha double pedal

iv'e played on a single yahmaha pdl. it was good

User Info Menu

Last year I wanted a double pedal and did some comparisons at the local drum shop....I ended up buying the Pearl Elims, but the Yamahas were really nice. So I can't say I've used em but I've tried em. I think it boils down to which doubles feel better to you.

I do have two single Yamaha pedals though, and I really like them a lot! Yamaha makes excellent hardware IMHO.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the advice. I really like the feel of direct drive pedals. I'm currently using a Ludwig Speed King single pedal but I would like to expand to a double pedal. I can't get my DW 5000A3 to feel as smooth as my Ludwig. I play with my entire foot on the pedal and my Ludwig seems to become part of my foot. Since I switched to a direct drive I have found that I can play quicker beats with less effort then using a chain drive pedal. I can also play longer with less fatigue. There seems to be less choices for direct drive pedals then chain driven pedals. I know of only of only 4 companies that make direct drive pedals; Ludwig, Yamaha, Trick, and Gibraltar. Is there any others out there that I don't know about? I was playing heel up for awhile but I kept getting cramps in my calves so I switched to a different style.

User Info Menu

I heard YAMAHA Flying Dragon really nice....
    Smooth but powerful....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by totti View Post
    I heard YAMAHA Flying Dragon really nice....
    Smooth but powerful....
    smae with DW 9000s