Thread: throne

User Info Menu

Default throne

in the modern drummer interview with Thomas Haake, he said it is important to have a good throne to prevent back injury. does that mean everyone could get injuries? or does it mean just ppl. his age?

User Info Menu

Default Re: throne

I am definitely not an expert but I would definitely say that anyone could be in danger of having back problems. My uncle has a really bad back from always slouching and not having good posture, so I would say that if you don't take care of yourself then your body could go bad at any age.
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

As a former chiropractor, I can say that may back injuries could about as a result of repetitive injury. I comes about from doing things over and over with poor mechanics, or posture. We may think we're getting away with it when we are young, but the cumulative effects will show up. Someone it shows up while we're still young, and sometimes it hits as we get older.

Make sure to develop good postural habits, just as we work to develop good stick technique. It's more fun to grow old doing what you love, rather than to wish you could still do the things you used to love to do!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

ThePloughman Guest

I sat on a Rogers Samson throne for 25 years. Theres not much padding on that. In 1999 I bought a Roc N Soc with the back rest. Its made a huge difference. Ive used the Rogers Throne occasionally at practice, but what Ive noticed lately, is after playing on that thing for an hour or so, my tail bone hurts like heck. Now its pretty much retired for good. And Ill spend my time behind the kit on the Roc N Sock from now on.

Do yourself a favor, before you invest in a bunch of gadget crap you dont really need, buy a good throne.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    As a former chiropractor, I can say that may back injuries could about as a result of repetitive injury. I comes about from doing things over and over with poor mechanics, or posture. We may think we're getting away with it when we are young, but the cumulative effects will show up. Someone it shows up while we're still young, and sometimes it hits as we get older.

Make sure to develop good postural habits, just as we work to develop good stick technique. It's more fun to grow old doing what you love, rather than to wish you could still do the things you used to love to do!
    HOLA como estas PASTOR_BOB*Mi Amigo CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST(CAT) THATS EXCELLENT * And Take this KNOWLEDGE From ME I have NO BACK problems From PERFORMING EVERY DAY SINCE I was (2) years old *BUT AS it IS And ALways will Be Every one within this VERY ANCIENT SPIRITUAL ART FROM will AND ALWAYS Will Have their OWN UNIQUE CREATIVE ARTISTIC (STLYE)(ARTISTRY ) and Some who FEEL BACK PROBLEMS Should Gain KNOWLEDGE within THE ANCIENT SPIRITUAL ANCIENT ART FORM of ALL YOGA (GIGONG /AND ALL THE MARTIAL ARTS HELP within being VERY FLEXIBLE and DISCIPLINE MIND CONTROL** AS I always STATE What EVER works for THE CREATIVE OPEN MINDED ARTIST IS All Great within their Own UNIQUE Cretive ARTISTIC (ARTISTRY ) BUT then TECHNIQUES Are A LIFE TIME AND BEYOND TO MASTER **GRACIAS