Thread: splash

User Info Menu

Default splash

im considering getting a 10" AA metal-X splash, 8" or 10" A custom splash, 8" or 10" paragon splash, a 10" HHX evolution splash. does anyone have any experinece with these?

User Info Menu

Default Re: splash

I've tried the 8" A custom Splash in my local music shop....
    And it sound awesome.....
    I love the bright sound from it....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

I have a 6" A Custom splash , my next one is gonna be a 12 " A Custom splash . Sorry I help ya out with the other brands but the A custom 12 sound good to me , I didnt really care foe the 8 or 10 , but thats me . Good luck .

User Info Menu

I have experience with the A custom as well and it is a really nice splash. Again Accent cymbals I find to be tremendously subjective. What sounds good to one doesn't sound good to another, your just going to have to try them out, and find one that you like.

User Info Menu

I have the 8" Paragon splash and it's my favorite splash I've ever had - just a good splash all-around. I did not like the sound of the 10" Paragon, though.

I used to have the 10" HHX, and I loved it. It was full and glassy at the same time. The only reason I parted with it was I was trying to trim the number of cymbals I use.

I also like my 6" Zildjian A Splash like an earlier poster; but it's definitely not for Metal.
    And the trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw. . .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by =^-..-^= View Post
    I have the 8" Paragon splash and it's my favorite splash I've ever had - just a good splash all-around. I did not like the sound of the 10" Paragon, though.

I used to have the 10" HHX, and I loved it. It was full and glassy at the same time. The only reason I parted with it was I was trying to trim the number of cymbals I use.

I also like my 6" Zildjian A Splash like an earlier poster; but it's definitely not for Metal.
    I dont really use the 6" by itself too much . I ;ike it better when combined with my 15 A custom crash . I think the 12 splash sounds great by itself .

Like BTD stated every ones got a different ear .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    I have experience with the A custom as well and it is a really nice splash. Again Accent cymbals I find to be tremendously subjective. What sounds good to one doesn't sound good to another, your just going to have to try them out, and find one that you like.
    i know i should try them out,but the local guitar center dosen't sell that many cymbals