Thread: ????

User Info Menu

Default ????

i have to make a choice should i buy cymbols or should i buy toms ?
    i dont have enough money for both

User Info Menu

depends how many cymbals and toms you already have if you have like 3 toms and 2 cymbals go with cmbals if you have like 4 cymbals and 3 toms go with toms
    Eskimos

User Info Menu

i agree..
    if you already have like 4 toms and you only have a crash and a hi-hat then go with the cymbals, but if you have like 2 toms and like 6 different cymbals, definately get the toms.
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

thanks but this is what i mean like improving my drum set like getting rid of the old stuff and replacing it with new stuff . cause i got a junko maxtone drumset all tho.... im still thankful i have a drumset

User Info Menu

to replace...I would choose cymbols

but it all depends..
    LucidDrummer212, Taking over the drumchat forums 1 post at a time...

myspace.com/rdsspike345

User Info Menu

If you don't have enough for a new/used better complete set (or don't want to wait and save it up for one), get the cymbals. Overall though I've always chose to add drums over cymbals. (Maybe because everyone else chooses cymbals). For me, I think more drums add more color/texture/sound to a kit, then more cymbals do.
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

Question ????

James: Which do you think you need more? I would go with more toms myself, but if you have a "junko" set you want to replace completely, I'd save up for the set...

I agree with METAL-DRUMMER: More drums=more texture...

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

well.. i guess your right
    thanks everyone!

User Info Menu

Yeah, I would go with the toms too..

The drums (toms) are like the sugar cookie, and cymbals are like the sprinkles on top
    lol
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lezzledrummer
    Yeah, I would go with the toms too..

The drums (toms) are like the sugar cookie, and cymbals are like the sprinkles on top
    lol
    what a true artist would say
    LucidDrummer212, Taking over the drumchat forums 1 post at a time...

myspace.com/rdsspike345

User Info Menu

I was in the same postistion as you as i to had a crappy beginners kit that i jst keep doin up and up but i agree with bongobro i think u should jst gt a new kit altogether and save tht cash. I mean are u in desperate need for sum more gear?