Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Drumline drummers, show yourselves!

User Info Menu

welcom to drumchat ch33zz

User Info Menu

Thanks

User Info Menu

how old are you just out of curiosty

User Info Menu

just about going on 14... yes.... im young

User Info Menu

so am i im only 15 hey check out schools we go to now when you get a chance

User Info Menu

Mmm Alrighty, Ill probably just post my highschool im going to next year there

User Info Menu

any one know what happend to tom did he like sign off or did i take his title as gretter for the sight

User Info Menu

thats cool

User Info Menu

I love my high school...our band absolutely rox! I can't wait till marching band season.
    "Playing drums is like making love. You can't be looking down seeing what's going on trying to get the flow right!" --Drumline

Drums are what keep the band together!

Hold up! Wait a minute! Let us put some drums in ti! Ya'll ain't ready for what we about to put down. The badest drumline in the land! What we are you can't smoke, you can't sniff it cuz we were born with it. Get ready to see how we put it down Dragons style! Drumline get your thing on! --Drumline (modified)

User Info Menu

amen switch over to my page

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drumline drummers, show yourselves!

I am in a drumline,also can play drumset, xylophone,a lil' bit of timpani and piano. That sounds like a percussionist to me!

User Info Menu

I was in Drumline all four years in my high school.

Bass Drum Marching (for all four years), Quints/Snare/Bass/Trap Set in Pep.

Bass drum is my drum though, I've always had an ear for tuning and playing.
    --Cody

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I was in Drumline all four years in my high school.

Bass Drum Marching (for all four years), Quints/Snare/Bass/Trap Set in Pep.

Bass drum is my drum though, I've always had an ear for tuning and playing.
    Last year bass was my drum, I play switching between snare and bass this year. When we warm up, I always go bass and come up with my own thing on snare later. check this out: http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...e-p176717.html

User Info Menu

ARE YOY FREAKING RETARDED

Oh the irony....

User Info Menu

i play both set and drumline.
    my marching season ended not to long ago but i was in pit, this year i am on tenors. drumline is amazing but quite challenging.
    and just cuz you have a drumset doesnt make you a drummer but playing in marching band also doesnt make you a percussionist. it just depends where your heart is.
    oh and i can play pretty much literally anything drum and percussion related (as in instruments)
    im not amazing at mallets but give me a piece and i can learn it.
    this last season one of the songs that we played i had vibes and the part was hard and like insane fast
    Last edited by gretsch; 03-13-2009 at 04:40 PM.
    The only way to catch a butterfly is never waiting for the wings.

User Info Menu

I'm 31 now so I don't or rather I say will not carry a marching drum anymore. I played all through high school. bass and snare (baritone sax during concert season). bass in college (competed in 1996 PASIC indoor competition), Marched bass in a div3 dci corp for 2 years. All while teaching at local high schools and giving private lessons. I also played snare for a local Scottish pipe band for a while. Now I just play drumset when I get a chance.
    in the pocket

User Info Menu

Drumline was a blessing in disguise for me. I was always a good drum set player so when I entered high school I auditioned for snare and made the snare line. I never liked played just snare and marching was not my cup of tea, but the rudiments I learned there were worth their weight in gold. Our line was well respected and we won almost every year in I in it.

Point of the story is I use those rudiments all the time in my drum set playing (para diddlediddle's, swiss roll's, etc) and I'm glad that I stuck with it. I also learned how to play traditional which is pretty cool. I still play traditional when using a practice pad.

User Info Menu

Percussionist and drumline drummer here.
    A good drummer will sound good on anything(even stock drum heads). A bad drummer will sound bad on anything.

User Info Menu

yo i rock 2nd lead snare in our drumline