Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drumline drummers, show yourselves!

User Info Menu

Default Drumline drummers, show yourselves!

So do we only have set players in here? Man, out of 37 new members, I would have thought at least a couple were in drumline.

User Info Menu

Well....im my opinion, if your on a drumline you are a marching percussionist.....unless you can play the whole set, your NOT a drummer

User Info Menu

oo snack!
    put that in pie and bake it
    When drummers are away from their instruments, which is quite often, they often resort to air drumming. Although often distracting to others, playing air drums provides drummers with a mental practice session that can help a great deal.

User Info Menu

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Utopia
    Well....im my opinion, if your on a drumline you are a marching percussionist.....unless you can play the whole set, your NOT a drummer

ARE YOY FREAKING RETARDED!!! any one can go get a drumset, practice for and hour, go to a grage and start a band. then your a drummer.

To beable to play verry skillfuly, while running around a football frield. Also sounding clean with 3-8 other people. thats being a percussionest.

so dont bull **** about being a drummer, becouse bring a drummer is not as fofilling as being a percussionest.

you get no enjoyment, no beautiful sound my banging on your kit (aka: being a drummer)

But grab a Marimba, or some vibes and there you have beauty, and then can you call your self a percussionest.
    -Chance S.
    -I Live My Life By Psalms 150:5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer4theages
    ARE YOY FREAKING RETARDED!!! any one can go get a drumset, practice for and hour, go to a grage and start a band. then your a drummer.

To beable to play verry skillfuly, while running around a football frield. Also sounding clean with 3-8 other people. thats being a percussionest.

so dont bull **** about being a drummer, becouse bring a drummer is not as fofilling as being a percussionest.

you get no enjoyment, no beautiful sound my banging on your kit (aka: being a drummer)

But grab a Marimba, or some vibes and there you have beauty, and then can you call your self a percussionest.

yes...that's exactly what im saying.....there is a diff in percussionists and drummers that ppl don't always see...i meant no dissrespect to either one i simply was trying state that their was a difference.....and what you said about drummers can go both ways...it takes a great deal of skill, prac, and talent to do well at either...it's just that each thing takes diff kinds of skills

User Info Menu

and being a drummer can be just as fullfilling if done well....it just depends on the person and what they enjoy more

User Info Menu

I worked at a theme park one summer as a drummer in a "clown band". There were 12 players (10 horns, 2 drums:bass & snare). I played the snare drum. THAT was a challenge! 100+ degrees, doing choriography, rolling around on hot pavement, and playing a marching snare all at the same time. I bet I lost 20 pounds ! Not to mention I had to dress as an Fn' clown !!! SHEEEZ !

User Info Menu

that's crazy....was it worth it?

User Info Menu

Made me appriciate sittng on a nice comfortable drum stool, playing in a nice airconitioned club, on a drumset that's not moving around !

User Info Menu

No clowns in here please.

User Info Menu

yeah i bet

User Info Menu

but...drummmer....your avatar thing...
    im lost my friend
    (95)
    When drummers are away from their instruments, which is quite often, they often resort to air drumming. Although often distracting to others, playing air drums provides drummers with a mental practice session that can help a great deal.

User Info Menu

That was the joke man! Come on BAW... keep up will ya!

User Info Menu

Well I've Played On Both The Drumline And Into Competition And I Now Play Professionally For The Up And Coming Guitarist From Cleveland......rick Ray
    I Love Doin Both As Far As Playin In The Drumline Or On The Set Although I Do Get A Different Senesation When I Play A Street Drum Or A Marching Drum,especially With Gut Snares......man Them Always Sounded So Awesome To Me And Used Em In The Inaugural Parade For President Johnson When I Went And Played With The Toledo Marilynettes....man That Drum Line Was Swingin Back Then.omg............pj

User Info Menu

right on dood...that sounds like a blast

User Info Menu

Alright... enough of that. (or should I say enuf ?)
    BOOOOOO!!!

User Info Menu

If it wasn't for drumline and drum corps I wouldn't be the set player I am today. I have a marching snare and a set of tenors and I play them all the time. Here's a little taste of drum corps stuff for those who haven't ever seen it.

User Info Menu

Damn, that's nice! Is that you playing? I haven't seen that little baby drum before. Of course I've never been in drumline. Is that newer or has it always been around?
    Limpy
    *Drum yourself to death

User Info Menu

No that's not me, I wish. That little drum is a 6" tom aka spock. My tenors have two of those. Yeah now try that while running around with 4 or 5 guys and making it sound like one person playing it.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

that's awesome......one time in marching band we were waiting for the football players to come out and some one told the quad player to play something cool but he sucked so they told me to put down my trumpet and play the quads...so i did....and it blew the crap outa the normal quad player...pretty pathetic when the first trumpet is also the best drummer in the band...

User Info Menu

ok, so i think that really... anyone who has enough talent to play the set or to march is a drummer... i mean not everyone plays set but they can still be a drummer... i play both set and drumline and i think that whether it be drumline or set in a band they are a drummer! JC DRUMLINE RULES!
    I've had it with your no talent, wannabe gangster ass! You wanna prove once and for all that I'm better than you? Strap up!--drumline

our drumline doesn't do skanks!!! so get out!! thanks... lol

you may try to look like me... but you ain't never gonna play like me-- drumline

User Info Menu

well....i look at it like...drumline drummers are called percussionists and set players are called drummers...but...wutever...some ppl just call both drummers...i just like to have that distinction cuz they are so different...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Utopia
    well....i look at it like...drumline drummers are called percussionists and set players are called drummers...but...wutever...some ppl just call both drummers...i just like to have that distinction cuz they are so different...
    exactly..im surprised it took so long for someone to establish that.....if you play only drums youre a drummer, if you play drum and other intruments (marimba, crash cymbals, vibes, whatever) youre a percussionist
    Top 10 Reasons to Date a Drummer:
    1. Our coordination is incredible.
    2. We can keep any tempo you want.
    3. No matter what speed we go, we can make it good.
    4. No matter how tired we are, we always finish the job.
    5. We can follow the lead, or take it.
    6. We love to bang.
    7. No objections to performing in front of an audience.
    8. We know how to handle our sticks.
    9. We know the best spots to hit.
    10. By the time we’re done, you’ll be cheering for more.

User Info Menu

My drum teachers got me some random as flam accented freaked out drum line solo thing happening... its crazy as hell if u learn it fast.

i love normal single stroke (or paradiddle) with accents! sounds auwsome.... den u swap around the acccents to the toms... wait this not about drumline anymore is it...

anyways catchya's