Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After Zildjian, Now Paiste Alpha turning black....

User Info Menu

Default After Zildjian, Now Paiste Alpha turning black....

-_-
    Another black things is coming up....
    I think this Alpha was orientated for Rock-Metal user....
    Looks who endorsee it ??
    Joey....

My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

Default Re: After Zildjian, Now Paiste Alpha turning black....

They look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

those are pretty.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

These should have been introduced within the RUDE series.

Cool though.

User Info Menu

its just to get ppl, to buy them, they look cool, but they probably wont sound any different

User Info Menu

My sentiments for those are the same as those from the zildjian thread. What are they thinking, I can't believe the metal drummers even need goth looking cymbals too?

User Info Menu

those look way better than the zildjians,but i think they'd look better without the slipknot logo
    silver Percussion Plus 5pc.

14" Paiste 3000 heavy hats

16" Sabian b8 pro thin crash

20" Paiste 502 plus ride

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jguzman361 View Post
    those look way better than the zildjians,but i think they'd look better without the slipknot logo
    i agree

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by negativeattitude View Post
    These should have been introduced within the RUDE series.

Cool though.
    I agree witih you negativeattitude....the RUDEs are probably the loudest and most cutting of the Paiste lineup. I would say they're aimed more at the LOUD rock and metal genres.

They are cool looking, but I still prefer the contrast of bright cymbals myself.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by METAL DRUMMER View Post
    They look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HOLA COMO ESTAS METAL DRUMMER *CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST **THATS A FACT **GRACIAS I need TO REALLY CHECK them out BY PLAYING (PERFORMING) with them**GRACIAS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DeathMetalDrummer View Post
    its just to get ppl, to buy them, they look cool, but they probably wont sound any different
    Most probably true

BUT THEY LOOK SO DAMN COOL
    crazydrummer: Metal sounds like someone is rampaging through a pig pen with a machine gun....

Shazane: They are firing that machine gun at a perfect 380 BPM in 7/8, while the agonized screams of the pigs are flawlessly harmonizing arpeggios at 20 notes per second.

MetalManMonkey:

User Info Menu

They look like black plastic E-cymbals to me. In my opinion they look gimmicky and unnatural. I would be willing to bet that they will not take off and be off the market in a year or two. Then people will be stuck with a line of cymbals they can't match if they wanted to stay with the same series.

User Info Menu

I had some black paiste metal series cymbals back in 97' on my yamaha kit. I guess this is a new version of them. I never seen anyone with the black ones like i had, they came with the kit when i bought it back then.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    They look like black plastic E-cymbals to me. In my opinion they look gimmicky and unnatural. I would be willing to bet that they will not take off and be off the market in a year or two. Then people will be stuck with a line of cymbals they can't match if they wanted to stay with the same series.
    true, very true

But that ride... its calling me 0_0
    crazydrummer: Metal sounds like someone is rampaging through a pig pen with a machine gun....

Shazane: They are firing that machine gun at a perfect 380 BPM in 7/8, while the agonized screams of the pigs are flawlessly harmonizing arpeggios at 20 notes per second.

MetalManMonkey:

User Info Menu

I don't know...Black cymbals?? I always thought there are some things that should be left alone. But, I'm a drummer so, what do I know.

User Info Menu

they look pretty!
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

For some reason, Im more fond of these then the pitch blacks?

I just dont liek the slipknot logo, I wouldnt mind the alpha and the name in gold, but get rid of the slipknot logo, Im not a big slip knot fan

They are definatly trying to make that their big market line, Its pro-quality, cheap price, and they hold up well, they completely re-vamped the line as it is, I definatly think paiste is smart with this, instead of re-working everything in their higher lines, keep it classic and work on selling to the kids.

Kids have money for the Alphas, Kids dont have money for the 2002's and Sigs, And as long as they keep the sound the same, Go for it paiste

User Info Menu

It looks like this goth-metal stuff is running out of control. Why not make a new line of cymbals for classic rock musicians, or jazz musicians...why cater to the trench-coated tatoo-laden goths who look like a tool box blew up in their face........

Sigh....ok now i got that off my chest....they probably dont sound any different, its just a marketing gimick for these people that will suck them up with bilss...their look reminds me of the cymbals roland makes out of tupperware for their v-drums...

Sorry if i offended anyone...its just my opinion...
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

IL DUCE Guest

I guess I'm just old skewl. I gotta admit they do look kinda interesting. But nothing beats good old brass color cymbals IMO.

User Info Menu

It looks like this goth-metal stuff is running out of control. Why not make a new line of cymbals for classic rock musicians, or jazz musicians...why cater to the trench-coated tatoo-laden goths who look like a tool box blew up in their face........

Crazy, why don't you tell us how you really feel! I'm just messin with you because I pretty much feel the same way as you can tell from my prior posts on this subject.

User Info Menu

they have come out with classic rock sounding cymbals, like the zildjian armand series. plus most grown folk dont fall for the same kind of marketing

you can custom order (for big $) rudes and i think any other paiste cymbal in colorsound models. they were selling a white rude cymbal pack awhile back with the joey replica (export) kit that pearl put out, but that made the whole package pretty expensive. this puts a complete fanboy package at closer reach than a masters kit with rudes and sigs.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post

Crazy, why don't you tell us how you really feel! I'm just messin with you because I pretty much feel the same way as you can tell from my prior posts on this subject.
    nice...i actually found someone that will agree with me.....

My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

wow these look really really....

well...bad

I don't like these at all
    Its just another gimmick to make more money
    I don't think it will last long

I'm just not a fan of these at all

what ever happened to wanting thoes supper shiney and bright
    A customs lighting up your kit? Idk thats just me...
    (((Arbo)))
    Pearl Forum Series
    B8 Ride
    A Custom Master Shound Hats
    Zildjian Z Custom Crashes
    Wuhan China
    Tama Iron Cobra

User Info Menu

It' s all about fashion.... cymbal companies just needed something new to sell
    Keep On Drumming

User Info Menu

they are beautiful but i will stick whith my A custom

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY