Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZIdjian A customs

User Info Menu

Default ZIdjian A customs

does anyone else have A customs? they are really great, can be used for any type of music. ii have an 14" fast crash, but i wish it was an 18" rather than a 14"

User Info Menu

Default Re: ZIdjian A customs

DMD, I have A Custom crashes - a 16", and an 18" Fast Crash - and I love those cymbals. I agree that they a perfect for a wide variety of music. Never really liked the sound of the A Custom ride though.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I would say A custom is The best line in Zildjian.....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

All my crashes are A customs, very nice cymbals indeed.

User Info Menu

I have 13" A Custom Mastersound hats, and I can safely say they're the best sounding hats I have heard or played. My school has a 16" crash. Its beautiful sounding but wouldn't work for my playing style outside of jazz.
    My kit: Pacific CRX- 18x24" Bass, 3.5x13" Snare, 9x12, 14x14" and 16x16" toms, 13" A Custom Mastersound hats, 18" A Crashride, 20" Planet Z ride.

User Info Menu

I use 14in A custom Master Sound hats
    I LOVE these hats to death

I do believe i play the same type of music you do DMD lol
    and these do an AMAZING JOB
    they are so nice bright and crisp
    (((Arbo)))
    Pearl Forum Series
    B8 Ride
    A Custom Master Shound Hats
    Zildjian Z Custom Crashes
    Wuhan China
    Tama Iron Cobra

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by totti View Post
    I would say A custom is The best line in Zildjian.....
    agree, K customs would be 2nd best

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearldrummer13 View Post
    I use 14in A custom Master Sound hats
    I LOVE these hats to death

I do believe i play the same type of music you do DMD lol
    and these do an AMAZING JOB
    they are so nice bright and crisp
    i've been considering getting those or AAX stage hats or HHX stage hats
    Last edited by DeathMetalDrummer; 07-15-2008 at 07:20 AM.

User Info Menu

I've never played the AAX hats before
    But I really really recomend the A Custom Master Sounds to anyone
    (((Arbo)))
    Pearl Forum Series
    B8 Ride
    A Custom Master Shound Hats
    Zildjian Z Custom Crashes
    Wuhan China
    Tama Iron Cobra

User Info Menu

i played some a custom hats at gc, they sounded pretty awesome
    silver Percussion Plus 5pc.

14" Paiste 3000 heavy hats

16" Sabian b8 pro thin crash

20" Paiste 502 plus ride

User Info Menu

Just bought an A Custom 18" medium crash and I love it.
    Also have the A Custom High Hats. Next up is the 19" Crash. Can't Wait.
    I sleep with my sticks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DeathMetalDrummer View Post
    does anyone else have A customs? they are really great, can be used for any type of music. ii have an 14" fast crash, but i wish it was an 18" rather than a 14"
    HOLA como estas DEATHMETALDRUMMER* CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST(CAT) I LOVE ALL MY ZILJIANS A CUSTOMS &I love all My ISTANBULS AND My PAISTE 2002 ,and My TRX*THEIR all VERY HOT CYMBALS
    GRACIAS ** I am also Getting SOME BOSPHORUS & DREAM***

User Info Menu

A custom's are realy nice cymbals for all kind of music. I have a 16" crash which is realy good.
    But... i play rock music and i prefer the Avedis serie, specialy when i play in small concerts without microphones
    Keep On Drumming

User Info Menu

I tried them.
    Must say that unfortunately they were not really to my taste.
    Prefer slighly darker tone to my cymbals.

User Info Menu

I have A Customs all around and I love them. I play ride patterns and 1/4 notes on my crash cymbals all the time, and they have just the perfect amount of wash to sound great doing that sort of thing without having ugly undertones or low-end ring. It is true they aren't dark, they are bright and shimmery. I actually think they are perfect for heavy rock...

User Info Menu

I swear by A Customs and K Customs, I hammer on these things and they just smile and keep takin it, they sound amazing and they hold up.
    Best cymbals on the market, hands down.
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

IL DUCE Guest

I too have some A customs. They are my favorite line from Zildjian. I have two 20" rides a ping and a projection. I use both the projection on my right side and the ping on the left. they are all around great cymbals I have been debating about getting some additional A's. I was gonna get a crash but instead settled on a Meinl B20 medium crash what a nice cymbal and it goes perfectly with my A's. I'm also considering adding some custom A Hats. Right now I'm using Some Sabian AAX as my main HH and a pair of new beats as my auxilary ones. I have a remote HH on my right side If I get the A's I'll use them as my mains and move the Sabians to the Aux position.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: ZIdjian A customs

Thxs Vinny For Developing Da "A Custom" Line Drummers Everywhere (including Myself) Use Em And Love Em!!!
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

i use em too....love the 22 a custom ping ride....sweeeet......looking towards the a custom 18 projection crash...
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

I love my A Customs. I have:

15", 17", 19" Medium Crashes

8" Splash

20" China

14" Mastersound Hats

20" Ride

I love the crashes. The 17 and 19 just sound so BIG. The Splash is a lovely addition too, sounds great when choked quickly in the middle of a groove or near the end of a fill. Overall I've got no complaints with this line of cymbals. They even look gorgeous :-P
    "Then when we do... The Afro Cuban... I'm going to go... To my Coooowwwwbell!" - Bernard Purdie

User Info Menu

I only have one A custom symbol and it is a 17in. crash. the rest of mine are zbts and zxts, but The A custom is by far my favorite!! i love the sound it creates and i love playing it!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PHROGGE View Post
    Thxs Vinny For Developing Da "A Custom" Line Drummers Everywhere (including Myself) Use Em And Love Em!!!
    I havn't developed any cymbals.

User Info Menu

My current line up consists of all A's and I was thinking about going to K's but after playing on a friend's set who has all custom A's I've changed my mind and will be switching my A's for custom A's. They sound and looks great but don't have as much dark afterwash that the K's do. I haven't had a chance to try out the custom K's but I'm planning a trip to Austin to see if I can find any. I have found that unless you go to a store that sells nothing but percussion all your going to find is the top of the line or the bottom of the line cymbals with afew midway cymbals here and there and unless your a beginner why buy a box set.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by warrior9 View Post
    My current line up consists of all A's and I was thinking about going to K's but after playing on a friend's set who has all custom A's I've changed my mind and will be switching my A's for custom A's. They sound and looks great but don't have as much dark afterwash that the K's do. I haven't had a chance to try out the custom K's but I'm planning a trip to Austin to see if I can find any. I have found that unless you go to a store that sells nothing but percussion all your going to find is the top of the line or the bottom of the line cymbals with afew midway cymbals here and there and unless your a beginner why buy a box set.
    Your comment about the box set is a good one. I would always shy away from box sets because it is too easy for a company to put clinkers in there, you know cymbals that people wouldn't pick out individually because they wouldn't stack up sound wise to an identical cymbal hit in a side by side comparison. But if placed in a box set they could easily be sold and perhaps the consumer that bought them would not be sophisticated enough to notice. I don't know that, that happens, but I would suspect that it does.

User Info Menu

i have a 14 fast crash
    15 crash
    16 crash
    17 crash
    + 14 hi hat
    and a medium ride 20
    my next buy will be a 18 fast crash

i enjoy all my crash and hi hat but i will trow my ride by the window soon

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY