User Info Menu

Default Re: random thread

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Thanks to Markadiddle for making this "postable" for me....

"Well-behaved women rarely make history."
    -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich, 1976

User Info Menu

Let me see if I got this straight. The seller states they sell for $80 brand new, but he/she wants $9500.? Uhhh.. what?
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

That thing has been on CL as long as I have been drooling over drum kits. He started at $30, but apparently it's a little more valuable!

I just can't get over the "....lock up your paraphernalia or bury a medium size cat..."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
    Thanks to Markadiddle for making this "postable" for me....

Quote Originally Posted by Markadiddle View Post
    Let me see if I got this straight. The seller states they sell for $80 brand new, but he/she wants $9500.? Uhhh.. what?
    looks like he has a great sense of humor.........

probably just fed up with the extremely high asking prices on CL..............once in awhile you can find a deal, but you'll always see the "DW" kit, that is really a PDP for 2500.......................and that's a great deal

User Info Menu

My gut instinct is telling me we shouldn't have these ads for other products from other sites. I have a hunch that listing is going away once PB or drummer eyeballs it. Just sayin'
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I wasn't too sure, that's why I had Mark clean it up. I'm trying to figure a way to post it without all other stuff - just to share the giggles.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    My gut instinct is telling me we shouldn't have these ads for other products from other sites. I have a hunch that listing is going away once PB or drummer eyeballs it. Just sayin'
    I wasn't too sure, that's why I had Mark clean it up. I'm trying to figure a way to post it without all other stuff - just to share the giggles.
    It's not a link to an ad, it's just a picture. Plus, I scratched out the phone number. So, that being the case, it's just a funny pic at this point. Where's the harm in that? I've seen other posts like this....
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

User Info Menu

Einstein: "Wait a minute... What if we simply SQUARE the 'c' ?!!?"

User Info Menu

It's not a link to an ad, it's just a picture. Plus, I scratched out the phone number. So, that being the case, it's just a funny pic at this point. Where's the harm in that? I've seen other posts like this....
    Nothing, I hope. I does indicate Craig's list. Wish you'd have left the phone number. I could use a case like that.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Nothing, I hope. I does indicate Craig's list. Wish you'd have left the phone number. I could use a case like that.
    Sorry, I don't see anything in the rules about posting pictures of ads on CL. There is no link. I was just trying to help BlueSky post a pic of a funny Ad. I'll leave it up to the mods.

Commercial Links:
    With the exception of paid advertisers, DrumChat.com does not allow the posting of links to any outside commercial website. This includes any website that is selling merchandise or services of any kind. We understand and appreciate that many of you like to get opinions of others on what drumset to buy and so forth so we will continue to allow product pictures but not if they contain websites or if the pictures are more like advertisements. The same rule applies to videos. If videos posted are more like advertisements, they will be deleted. It will be left up to the discretion of the moderators on what is acceptable or not. Also, do not post daily specials by music stores or other forms of promotion. Drum companies often try to get around the advertising rule by encouraging their endorser's to post in forums. If a member is actively promoting their endorsed brand in Drum Chat, they are at risk of banishment.

Links to Other Websites:
    Our interest is in building our community at Drum Chat. As such, we ask that you please do not post links to other forums, blogs, message boards or file sharing sites. Any threads or posts with such a link will be removed by a moderator. Drum Chat will allow links to your personal website and/or your band’s website but not if we deem you are using the forum mostly for the purpose of marketing, promotion or recruitment.
    Stolen from EddieV:

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I really hate having to get a new cell phone. First its trying to figure out what is going to be the best bang for your buck, and then you get to start over from scratch.
    My new phone doesn't even have the same type SIM card as my old one, and its a totally different brand than what I am used to. So not only do I have to re-create my contacts from scratch, I have to learn how to make the thing do what I want it to do. Its almost makes me want to keep the old broken one. (But I am really grateful that I was able to get a new phone.) I just needed to vent a little.

Is that random enough?

User Info Menu

What if?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I really hate having to get a new cell phone. First its trying to figure out what is going to be the best bang for your buck, and then you get to start over from scratch.
    My new phone doesn't even have the same type SIM card as my old one, and its a totally different brand than what I am used to. So not only do I have to re-create my contacts from scratch, I have to learn how to make the thing do what I want it to do. Its almost makes me want to keep the old broken one. (But I am really grateful that I was able to get a new phone.) I just needed to vent a little.

Is that random enough?
    What a coincidence. The wife is on the phone right now with Verizon trying to activate my step daughter's new phone. Apparently, trying to activate it online is being a PITA. Stupid cell providers.
    Stolen from EddieV:

User Info Menu

What a coincidence. The wife is on the phone right now with Verizon trying to activate my step daughter's new phone. Apparently, trying to activate it online is being a PITA. Stupid cell providers.
    Almost every phone here is unlocked, so we just buy a phone then plonk in a $5 SIM card from whichever service provider we want to have at the time. Except Vodafone, their SIM cards are like $20. If I wanted a new number for whatever reason, I could just go down to the petrol station or supermarket and pick up a new SIM card, buy some prepay credit and away I go.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

My random thought of the day....

Is it wrong that I'm relieved that my co-leaders can't help out with Girl Scouts this year so we are not going to have a troop?
    I've been a leader for 5 years...I need a break! Emma will just be a Zip Scout - think of it as home school for Girl Scouts. She and a couple of the girls that want to can just get together when time allows and work on their badges and projects together.
    So why do I feel guilt along with the relief?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xweasel View Post
    Almost every phone here is unlocked, so we just buy a phone then plonk in a $5 SIM card from whichever service provider we want to have at the time. Except Vodafone, their SIM cards are like $20. If I wanted a new number for whatever reason, I could just go down to the petrol station or supermarket and pick up a new SIM card, buy some prepay credit and away I go.
    That's becoming the case here. She needed to activate the phone. With our provider it can all be done online. Problem was, the website was not recognizing the SIM card number she entered. Had to call them on the phone instead. Not that big a deal but it just would have been nice for the wife to just get it all done online and been through with it for the evening.
    Stolen from EddieV:

User Info Menu

Meanwhile, in Sweden

- Zack

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Bought Batman's video card yesterday

- Zack

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xweasel View Post
    Bought Batman's video card yesterday

Dang, Zack! Which vid card is that? I think that is a Sapphire VaporX? I just don't know which model.
    Last edited by Markadiddle; 09-28-2013 at 10:36 AM.
    Stolen from EddieV: