Thread: Manastalker's practice

User Info Menu

Default Manastalker's practice

LOL, i'm sure this would probally fit under the "funny video" part. I messed up couple times and such but learning so bear with me It's also my first video so it definatly was an experience that's for sure.

Enjoy

http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/k...urrent=hsb.flv

User Info Menu

Default Re: Manastalker's practice

Nice job MS! How long have you been playing?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

well PB, it really hasn't been that long. I've been playing for roughly about 2 months so far and i'm sure i have quite a long long road ahead of me. This is the first song i've attempted actually and was a refreshing break away from the standard rudiments, fills, and beats that i've been practicing. I can't wait to start learning some more songs and i'm definatley going to keep practice this one :P

User Info Menu

Especially for having only played for 2 months, I would say you are well on your way! The fact that you feel comfortable in posting a video of your playing only adds to my admiration. I've been playing for about a year and 3 months, and I still feel a bit shy about sharing videos. Well done MS!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Thanks PB, sometimes it's nice to pull out the cam, blow off the dust, and give it a shot. I'm gonna say that it's more about monitoring my progress though because it's a good way to get critiqued for improving and i'm sure i'll look back a year or two from now and laugh at myself lol. But it truly was fun making it. I guess it's more like speech class in school, where nerves start to shake and sweat pours down lol, but once it's all said and done you can just sit back and enjoy. Hopefully it's encouraging for others too, even for yourself PB, would be nice to hear you lay down some Petra!

User Info Menu

It really is encouraging for me MS. I like to video my progress, but I am also my worst critic, so sharing the videos is a bit painful. When I have though, the folks around here have been very kind! Drum Chat is really an amazingly encouraging place.

User Info Menu

Nice job, MS! You apparently know your strength and weakness. Playing along to recordings is always a nice interlude but don't let that divert you from your studies of rudiments and reading. As you progress, you'll find yourself employing those lessons more and more into your playing. You're right about the camera...an excellent tool to study yourself. Thanks for sharing!!

User Info Menu

Nice hi hat work for 2 months bud [ most peeps just bash em closed at your stage] well done, pretty nice and steady tempo too, keep at it.

User Info Menu

Pretty good for a newb!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I'm very impressed, i was nowhere near as fluent as that at two months
    crazydrummer: Metal sounds like someone is rampaging through a pig pen with a machine gun....

Shazane: They are firing that machine gun at a perfect 380 BPM in 7/8, while the agonized screams of the pigs are flawlessly harmonizing arpeggios at 20 notes per second.

MetalManMonkey:

User Info Menu

Ive tryed on several occasions now to open it but it just isnt happening .

User Info Menu

Thanks for the great feedback everyone! I really appreciate the support. There are still quite a bit of things i'm working on atm and trying to incorporate in my playing such as better rolls with my sticking and pedal work. I set myself a goal to reach that in two more weeks so we'll see :P But untill then here's another vid if your interested lol. enjoy

http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/k...t=smptoday.flv

User Info Menu

Nice job MS!!

User Info Menu

Pretty steady for only 2 months work!!! Keep it up Manastalker, and like fiacovaz said, don't let the rudiment/reading practice fall to the wayside. Don't forget to eat your peas and carrots too!!
    bruarm - Mapex Mafia
    Mapex Pro M fusion kit natural finish
    Zildjians:
    14" K Custom Dark hats
    14" K Heavy Ride
    10" & 12" A fast splashes
    14", 16" & 18" A fast crashes
    Pearl Eliminator double kick
    Pearl free-floater brass snare (the deep one!!)
    not one, but 2 cowbells!!

User Info Menu

Manstalker you really play relaxed and loose for only playing for two months. Most new drummers are really ridged and tight when they first start out. The fact that you have learned to be relaxed and loose so early you are well on your way to being a first class drummer.