Thread: remOs

User Info Menu

Default remOs

im considering getting the RemO dampening rings for my toms, has anyone else had exerprinse with these?

ThePloughman Guest

Default Re: remOs

For playing live or at home?

User Info Menu

if you want the same exact thing as these, then cut out old drum heads

User Info Menu

I used RemOs with the stock heads my kit came (Pearl Protones) but with the Remo Ambassadors that I have on the kit now, I don't.

User Info Menu

Everytime I tried the rings, they would fly off the heads and get tangled with the sticks. Moon Gel for me.

User Info Menu

I tried those once on my snare and hated them. As fiocovoz stated they were always flying off and in the way. I don't use any sort of muffling on my drums period except on the bass drum of course.

User Info Menu

i use them on all my drums, i love them! If you buy the correct size they should not get in the way. I only tried them because i picked a 4 pack up for 15 bucks, what a bargain!
    When Everything is coming your way, Your in the wrong Lane!

User Info Menu

What i would ask is this..If you Got Pinstripes on your toms, tuned correctly on that kit, you shouldnt need remo O rings!

they work good though....they fall off occasionally. moon gels are nice, along with duct tape (if you're stuck on mars and gotta gig in 5 minutes)
    Last edited by crazydrummer; 06-27-2008 at 08:39 AM.
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

I prefer moongels also, although I only use mufflers when my heads get so worn out that I can't get them to tune up right...

User Info Menu

i'm always using the remOs when i play in my studio.
    In concerts... i use them almost always when my tuning is high and fairly when i tune low
    Keep On Drumming