Default opinions about china's

Hello drummers
    I want to buy (as soon is possible) a china cymbal and i think of :
    Avedis Zildjian 16" china boy low
    Avedis Zildjian 18" china boy low
    Zildjian oriental 16" china trash
    Zildjian oriental 18" classic china
    Do you suggest something else?
    Is there anybody who have tried those cymbals?
    I play rock music and i'm looking for a clear china sound cymbal with not much sustain.
    I want a strong china (not too loud) that makes the difference between my other cymbals.
    I already had the 16" ZBT and i have also tried the Paiste 2002 and Sabian AAX china's but i'm not so impressed of those.
    thanks (hey bongobro and pastor.... i'm back)
    Keep On Drumming

IL DUCE Guest

Default Re: opinions about china's

Call me crazy but I just can't see laying out a ton of money on a china cymbal. To me atleast there's not a hudge difference between high end chinas and some budget ones sound wise. I have 2 wuhans a 12" and a 16" and they are balls on as far as chinas go. Do yourself a favor and check them out.

User Info Menu

Good to see you back Saturn! I tend to agree with Il Duce, because I like my 18" Wuhan China, and the 12' Agazarian China that I picked up recently (they tell me that it's actually a Wuhan too). Some drummer just prefer the bigger name chinas for whatever reason though.

Il Duce, welcome to Drum Chat.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I tried out most of the ones you mentioned and to my ears the 18" Zildjian oriental china trash is next on my wishlist. Try a bunch out. I have the Wuhan 16" china currently and it's alright, not my favorite china sound but thats just me, but it definately has it's own character, so I can see why they are popular, especially for the price. Has that short sustain that your looking for. Got it on sale for $30 online. Never played it prior to buying it, but for that price you can't go wrong. Another budget china that I thought sounded pretty good was the Zildjian ZHT.
    Last edited by jrock; 06-24-2008 at 01:08 AM.
    Sonor, Zildjian, Remo, DW and Vater

User Info Menu

Paiste Alpha. I have an 18" and it is the shizz nizzle!

User Info Menu

check out the sabiain aa or aax or hand hammerd ones. i think theres tops. i had a hh 22 china. it was amazing it sounded like my siter screming but a lot deeper.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Good to see you back Saturn! I tend to agree with Il Duce, because I like my 18" Wuhan China, and the 12' Agazarian China that I picked up recently (they tell me that it's actually a Wuhan too). Some drummer just prefer the bigger name chinas for whatever reason though.

Il Duce, welcome to Drum Chat.
    Ok... The only reason i'm looking for Zildjian is because all of my cymbals are Zildjian.
    I think that Wuhan doesn't exist in Greece. Or.. i just don't know where to find em... but... anyway i'm just going for Zildjian.
    I heard that Instanbul china cymbals are also great but....
    Jrock... i think that the 16" oriental china trash is going to be the one and i also think that the oriental series are something special which you cannot find in other companies.
    What about the 18" Avedis china boy low???... i heard that it's really nice.
    Thanks for the replys guys...... go on.
    I really love china cymbals and i think i need more than one
    Keep On Drumming

User Info Menu

Shoot, Whenever a question about china cymbals comes up, usually people are attempting to throw Wuhans down your throat, And you can see why, good sound, 25 bucks, and a 16 inch china is a great price

But for bigger name chinas, I was fond of the paiste 2002 Novo China

User Info Menu

I have a Sabian B8 PRO and a Paiste ALPHA series. I got them both used. The China's your talking about ain't cheap. Wuhan has a 14" China with rivets that sounds great and is dirt cheap! Look around.

User Info Menu

I don't care about the price... I'm just looking for a Zildjian china (all my cymbals are Zildjian) that will satisfy me.
    I'm between Oriental china trash and A china boy low. Is there anyone who have played those ones???
    Keep On Drumming

User Info Menu

i think you should go whith Oriental china trash

my taste

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

I visited zildjians official site and i heard all the chinas (cast)... i just ordered the K custom 17" dark china.... the oriental china trash will be my next cymbal in a year
    Keep On Drumming

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    I don't care about the price... I'm just looking for a Zildjian china (all my cymbals are Zildjian) that will satisfy me.
    I'm between Oriental china trash and A china boy low. Is there anyone who have played those ones???
    The low is the only one you mentioned I didn't try and I want to compare that to the oriental trash myself. But I really like the Oriental Trash and I'll probably get the 18" myself.
    Sonor, Zildjian, Remo, DW and Vater

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jrock View Post
    The low is the only one you mentioned I didn't try and I want to compare that to the oriental trash myself. But I really like the Oriental Trash and I'll probably get the 18" myself.

I'm sure you will not regret it.
    I' ve heard of many good drummers that the oriental china's are really special but i think it is not what exactly i want for the moment (not so fast and trashy).

Many famous drummers use the oriental's
    Keep On Drumming

User Info Menu

I have 3 china's - A Zildjian A Custom 18" clean without a ton of sustain. A K Custom Hybrid 19" trashy sounding with more sustain, and a 12" Wuhan. I love my Wuhan and like someone else said it is spot on but in no way does it compare to a high end Zildjian.
    GONE!

User Info Menu

you're right manster
    Keep On Drumming

User Info Menu

Having a "China" for big band playing would really be cool. I just don't know enough about them to make an informed decision. I use my Wuhan 10" Splash quite a bit. I kknow what I need to do...think about it and decide whether I want one or not. I do have several resources to learn what I need to.

User Info Menu

Hope I'm not breaking the rules by posting this, if I am I apologize in advance and ask that a member of admin please delete this but there's a steal of a deal on a 16" Zildjian Oriental China Trash on ebay CLICK HERE. Buy it now for $79.99. The cheapest I've seen this baby anywhere is $199.99 w/free s & h from Musiciansfriend. If I didn't already have 3 china's this post would have been to inform you of my purchase!!! Less then half price!
    GONE!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IL DUCE View Post
    Call me crazy but I just can't see laying out a ton of money on a china cymbal. To me atleast there's not a hudge difference between high end chinas and some budget ones sound wise. I have 2 wuhans a 12" and a 16" and they are balls on as far as chinas go. Do yourself a favor and check them out.
    I totally agree, I have the 12', 16" and 18" and I honestly prefer them over any other china cymbals, that is really all Wuhan makes is China's(yes they are branching out)and they sound awesome, and hold very well.
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

User Info Menu

ok guys.... just received my new K custom 17" dark china... it' s true that i have never played the Wuhan cymbals but i don't doubt about them... anyway i'm stocked with Zildjian and my new K custom china is exactly what i needed and i'm very satisfied of my choice.
    It sounds very nice in the studio and i'm waiting to test it in open live condition without microphones and i'm sure that it will sound even better
    Keep On Drumming

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    ok guys.... just received my new K custom 17" dark china... it' s true that i have never played the Wuhan cymbals but i don't doubt about them... anyway i'm stocked with Zildjian and my new K custom china is exactly what i needed and i'm very satisfied of my choice.
    It sounds very nice in the studio and i'm waiting to test it in open live condition without microphones and i'm sure that it will sound even better
    Right on man, you certainly can't go wrong with a K Custom China, nice choice.
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

User Info Menu

K Custom is money in the bank! Way to go!
    GONE!

User Info Menu

either of the zildjian cymbals will be fine for what you want. I use mine for rock and it adds a real tasty sound to it. I would go for the avedis zildjian 16.