Thread: A New Drum Video

User Info Menu

Default A New Drum Video

This is me playing Meet the Monster by Five Finger Death Punch, hope you enjoy.

BTW I put a crack in my china, during the making of this video, wonder why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jWJ-3C5z14

And a drum solo thingy, in this video my drums are not mic'd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GmlpVuJP_o
    Last edited by DWdrumr; 06-24-2008 at 06:00 PM.
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

User Info Menu

Default Re: A New Drum Video

WOW, nice chops!!!

Good stuff. Welcome aboard!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I agree with Bish , and I dont even like the metal music you were playing to .

I watched both vids from beginning to end and when I block out the music ( like I do with my wife ) and theres nothin left but you and the drums , I thought it was out-standing .

User Info Menu

That was nice work, DW. You know your tunes and I like the way you just have fun for yourself on the kit.

User Info Menu

WOW!!! thank you guys.

User Info Menu

well DW, all i can say is your whole collection on youtube is filled with solid performances, GREAT drumming man! Your "no quarter" cover was amazing, keep that up and never loose that musical talent! again - bravo quite the inspiration.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ManaStalker View Post
    well DW, all i can say is your whole collection on youtube is filled with solid performances, GREAT drumming man! Your "no quarter" cover was amazing, keep that up and never loose that musical talent! again - bravo quite the inspiration.
    Thanks man, really appreciate that.

That No Quarter video was a tough one, but then again any Danny Carey cover is tough, but thanks man.

User Info Menu

Good double bass technique. Even when I had one back in the day I just never took the time to learn how to play it well. Used it for triples and stuff more than straight up beats.

Interesting that you play metal but have a fusion kit. How do the small toms work out?

Don't love FFDP, although they have one song my kid played for me where he actually sings and I liked it more. Can't remember the name.

User Info Menu

nice sounding kit, nice groove, cool to see you letting go a bit, forget the camera is on a just whail baby.

User Info Menu

Kevin...Nicely done! I didn't think that you were hitting your china so that it would crack...at least it didn't appear that way. You have a very solid feel for you do and you match it well with fluid movement around the kit...that took a lot of work to get to that point. As I viewed the solo vid, I was impressed with your selection of cymbals...every one that you utilized compliments each other nicely. I did find it curious about the size of your drums relative to your playing...thought they were on the small size. However, I did like the sound of your snare and bass drum. To put all this in perspective for you, I am in my 60's; been playing almost 50 years and am still quite active as the drummer for my 18 pc. Big band. I play a lot of the Buddy Rich and Count Basie music with the band and it keeps me going and going. I'm not a musical snob and I get a real kick out of watching players such as yourself...excellent work, young man.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kaosotis View Post
    Good double bass technique. Even when I had one back in the day I just never took the time to learn how to play it well. Used it for triples and stuff more than straight up beats.

Interesting that you play metal but have a fusion kit. How do the small toms work out?

Don't love FFDP, although they have one song my kid played for me where he actually sings and I liked it more. Can't remember the name.

THANKS,

I prefer the fusion tom sizes because to me they just cut so much better than deep toms, they have more attack, more sustain, they are just what I prefer. In fact I will never play and deep tom set again, playing LIVE the deep toms just don't cut, unless you really mic them up good, I watch so many bands live and you can't ever hear the toms, but my fusion toms cut thru everything, and as little as they are, they still have loads of bottom end, and full of body and projection.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    Kevin...Nicely done! I didn't think that you were hitting your china so that it would crack...at least it didn't appear that way. You have a very solid feel for you do and you match it well with fluid movement around the kit...that took a lot of work to get to that point. As I viewed the solo vid, I was impressed with your selection of cymbals...every one that you utilized compliments each other nicely. I did find it curious about the size of your drums relative to your playing...thought they were on the small size. However, I did like the sound of your snare and bass drum. To put all this in perspective for you, I am in my 60's; been playing almost 50 years and am still quite active as the drummer for my 18 pc. Big band. I play a lot of the Buddy Rich and Count Basie music with the band and it keeps me going and going. I'm not a musical snob and I get a real kick out of watching players such as yourself...excellent work, young man.
    Thank you very much.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyringo View Post
    Get out of your cozy little practice room and play with real musicians.
    Um actually I am in two bands right, one of which is possibly signing a record deal with RCA records, I am also filling in for a cover band, and I am two collaboration projects with other musicians I have met thru myspace, so I do get out quite a bit and play with other musicians, thanks.

User Info Menu

Kevin, I deleted that comment and PM'd JR. I think he's just having a bad day.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Kevin, I deleted that comment and PM'd JR. I think he's just having a bad day.
    Thanks drummer, I hope I wasn't out of line by my comment back, not sure why he said that, o'well to each there own I guess lol.