Thread: Magic P and the Innuendos!

User Info Menu

Default Magic P and the Innuendos!

Hi everyone

This is a fun Folk/Funk/Rock instrumental band that I play in. We're just about to release our first EP entitled 'Barometer of Dreams' and as such there are a couple of new tracks off said EP on Myspace.

The drumming is not impressive or flashy because the style doesn't call for it so don't tune in expecting to hear me rip it up with some ace solos, but having said that the music is really fun and great to bop your head to.

As far as recording the EP went, I was using my Tama Rockstar Snare with an Evans HD Dry Batter head with gives a cracking rim shot in my opinion, really glad with the way it sounds. The kit was a Pearl Masters I think which belonged to the guy who ran the studio. As for cymbals I was using my ever trusty Zildjian A Customs. Near the end of the song 'Dirty Funk' you can hear me wailing on my 19" Medium Crash and I literally can't help but smile every time I hear it. Seriously, I've tried.

Let me know what you think!

http://www.myspace.com/magicpandtheinnuendos
    "Then when we do... The Afro Cuban... I'm going to go... To my Coooowwwwbell!" - Bernard Purdie

User Info Menu

Default Re: Magic P and the Innuendos!

Nice chops Yom , I listened to 2 of the tunes , Dirty Funk and Bear Dance , good stuff . I think the violin is awesome too .You guys sound great together , good luck with the band .

User Info Menu

Love the name man lol. It sounds pretty cool, interesting to hear that combo of sounds. Good luck with it!

User Info Menu

yeah that sounds awesome, love the violin!
    being a succesful musician has nothing to do with being signed, popular or making alot of money. It has to do with making great music.

User Info Menu

It sounds Irish influenced Yom. Was this a conscious decision? I love the sound. Catchy melodies. Great job.

User Info Menu

nice sound bro.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

that sounds awesome dude, i love the violin mixed with a sort of heavier irish rock feel. Its so cool! And your name is freakin' awesome.
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

I absolutely dig the first two. the violins are a nice and unusual touch i dig that. you'll have to let us know where to get an album

User Info Menu

That was very cool, Yom!! I liked Bear Dance more because I like the style and flavor of the music. You did an excellent job!! Keep it up!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yom View Post
    Hi everyone

This is a fun Folk/Funk/Rock instrumental band that I play in. We're just about to release our first EP entitled 'Barometer of Dreams' and as such there are a couple of new tracks off said EP on Myspace.

The drumming is not impressive or flashy because the style doesn't call for it so don't tune in expecting to hear me rip it up with some ace solos, but having said that the music is really fun and great to bop your head to.

As far as recording the EP went, I was using my Tama Rockstar Snare with an Evans HD Dry Batter head with gives a cracking rim shot in my opinion, really glad with the way it sounds. The kit was a Pearl Masters I think which belonged to the guy who ran the studio. As for cymbals I was using my ever trusty Zildjian A Customs. Near the end of the song 'Dirty Funk' you can hear me wailing on my 19" Medium Crash and I literally can't help but smile every time I hear it. Seriously, I've tried.

Let me know what you think!

http://www.myspace.com/magicpandtheinnuendos
    HOLA COMO ESTAS YOM *MI AMIGO CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMER(CAT) EXCELLENT VERY TASTY FLOW you have within your OWN UNIQUE (STYLE) (ARTISTRY) as you compliment And They COMPLIMENT within A FINE BALANCE of AND within the MUSIC of all your ARTISTRY **
    GRACIAS * GREAT JOURNEY Mi amigo

User Info Menu

Woah, haven't been on this forum for a while so only just read all these responses. Thanks loads for the kind words everyone!!

To answer your question drummer it was a concious decision to have the Irish feel, most of the tunes we play are actually Folk standards with our own guitar, bass, horn and drum parts mashed on. And then there are also some tunes which we wrote ourselves (the second half of Bear Dance being an example, written by our violinist)

We have now released a 6 track EP which is available via Ebay. If anyone is interested I'll send you a link for it but I think its only available in the UK for now, really sorry!

Edit: There is now a new song entitled 'The Clown Set' on the Myspace. Check it out!
    Last edited by Yom; 07-18-2008 at 10:02 AM.
    "Then when we do... The Afro Cuban... I'm going to go... To my Coooowwwwbell!" - Bernard Purdie

User Info Menu

Good stuff Yom! Sounds like you got yourself hooked up with a couple good bands. I like the style! Let me know when T-shirts are available so I can plug you guys over here!
    "You can take away our keys, you can take away our phones, but you can NOT take away our dreams......Yeah!, thats because were like, sleeping when we have them."