Thread: Whiskey River Band

User Info Menu

Default Whiskey River Band

I have found myself filling in for a local Country Pop band and winding up having a pretty nice time surprisingly! We've been doing one to three shows a weekend which suits me fine for now. Gives me a chance to use my choice of three kits on different nights and so far my Yamaha Stage Custom feels and sounds just about right for this particular band.
    Three nights this weekend all at different venues. Yeehaw!

Oh yeah by the way ... I'm told there's a couple of "Whiskey River Bands" out there. This one is based in beautiful, sunny, rolling hill country of New York State near Lake Erie.

Show me the money!
    Last edited by Styxx; 06-24-2008 at 09:44 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Whiskey River Band

There used to be a Whiskey River Band in Auburn, NY back in the 70's. Good luck with the new BAND!!!!

User Info Menu

Sweet, play me sumptin country.......

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    Sweet, play me sumptin country.......
    What a hoot!

User Info Menu

Styxx, good luck with the band
    being a succesful musician has nothing to do with being signed, popular or making alot of money. It has to do with making great music.

User Info Menu

The best part is the gigging, you gig a lot you get good, fast.

Congrats!
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

I got to sit in with a country band for a couple of weekends last year and I was told just to show up and play no rehearsal. It was a blast, the steel guitar player was off the scale good and so was the fiddle player. The vocals were good, I had a great time and would play with them again in a heart beat. They seemed to like the way I played and asked if I was interested in playing with them full time. Unfortunately with my family commitments, full time is just out of the question. I was really tempted though.

Enjoy the gig Styx it sounds like a blast!

User Info Menu

yeah definately the more gigs u have the better u get and faster...and the more famous u become!! =)
    being a succesful musician has nothing to do with being signed, popular or making alot of money. It has to do with making great music.

User Info Menu

Filled in again this past weekend on Saturday. The afternoon was a one hour spot for a Jamboree. There were three other bands as well and each drummer shared a set of DW's. Nice sounding toms but the snare and bass were dead as dead can be. Yet, I wasn't complaining seeing I didn't have to worry about setting up my own kit.
    After the Jamboree, we traveled downtown to play in a bar called "The Bucking Buffalo". Yeah, it has a bucking mechanical buffalo. The night started out with only three barmaids, a bouncer, and DJ. Shortly after 10 PM three large limo's pulled up and out jumped tons of girls apparently having a bachelorette party. Man, what a night! Talk about coyote ugly!
    It was a great time and the bar soon filled up with so many girls I thought I died and went to Heaven! Actually, my wife was there with me and she's really all I need.
    I used my Ludwig 1969 Chrome O Wood set. Sound nice up on that stage miked nicely!

User Info Menu

So what is the band line up? u gotz steely and fiddle? I love the steel with the two necks I believe the one neck is tuned to like c7 or something wierd , great jazzy sound and feel, in the right hands. reminds me of a few gigs back in the UK, Best steel player in England is Sarah Jory and in Canada a guy named Al Brisko, smoking hot players.

User Info Menu

hey stix, here is a tastey country set, with a jazz feel, all these boyz are top nashville players with eddie Bayer on the kit. Enjoy.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpVZK...eature=related

User Info Menu

Nope, no steely but a fiddler there be! Steely has come a long way with todays players the techniques they use crosses almost all genres. Pretty cool, thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ratmycue View Post
    hey stix, here is a tastey country set, with a jazz feel, all these boyz are top nashville players with eddie Bayer on the kit. Enjoy.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpVZK...eature=related

I like it , I like it . ..............

User Info Menu

You guy's seen crossroads 2007 with the black guy on steel guitar, that guy is a smoking steel player.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Whiskey River Band

Robt Randolph Is Phantastic....earlier This Year Here In Phx Az He Was @ Mcdowell Mtn Music Festival Co-headlining Friday Nite Wif Gov't Mule....years Ago I Had Read About Him(i Love Listening To Slide Guitar & Dobro As Much As Drums)when I Asked A Record Store Guy About Him (i Was Making Choices Between Many Diffrent Cds)his Response Was"this Is The Only Cd Ive Listened To For The Last 2 Weeks....bought It Up & Have Turned Numerous Others Onto His Stuff,,,,(chk Out Austin City Limits Wif Robt Randolph & The Family Band....all The Old Dudes That Taught Him How To Play In Church Are Awesome As Well!!!!! Originally His Cousin(drummer Was Playin Peavey Drums Altho Now Its Yamaha,,,,last Year His Song"aint Nuffin Wrong Wif It" Was Da Theme Song For Abc Tv's Saturday Nite College Football And He Was On Tour Wif Santana...on His Cd "colorblind" Eric Clapton Plays On "jesus Is Just Alright Wif Me"
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!