Thread: What are you doing to improve yourself?

User Info Menu

Cool What are you doing to improve yourself?

Frank (fiacovaz) was discussing in the "Is it Me or...?" thread in General Drum Chat something he's doing this summer to improve himself. In his case, he's taking Italian lessons!

He hinted that it might make a good thread, so, Frank, grazie for giving us the idea...

It can be anything from improving your health to learning a new language...and everything in between!

Take it and run with it!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Default Re: What are you doing to improve yourself?

I am taking on a job. A kitchen boy at a beach club.

all the best...

Shazane Guest

I'm learning guitar, bass, keyboard and vocals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    Frank (fiacovaz) was discussing in the "Is it Me or...?" thread in General Drum Chat something he's doing this summer to improve himself. In his case, he's taking Italian lessons!

He hinted that it might make a good thread, so, Frank, grazie for giving us the idea...

It can be anything from improving your health to learning a new language...and everything in between!

Take it and run with it!
    HOLA Como estas BONGOBRO DRAGON *CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER(GATO) I am JUST GAINING MORE ARTISTIC CREATIVE AWARENESS within gaining INFINITE KNOWLEDGE as this IS A LIFE TIME AND BEYOND JOURNEY * THAT I love BEYOND **AND BEYOND ** as this THEN I can
    share **GRACIAS

User Info Menu

Crank up thoose shabby grades! we need B+ or higher, im sick of gettin D's C's and the occasional A!

bring on the B+!
    When Everything is coming your way, Your in the wrong Lane!

User Info Menu

Get a job.
    Get in a band.
    Make some money.
    Get on better with people.
    Get fit at the gym.
    Get better on my bass and guitar.
    Get happy!
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

I have type two diabetes so I am getting fit and excersizing so that I can get off of the meds. Plus I just feel better by doing it.

User Info Menu

Great thread idea BB.

I am constantly trying to better myself. It's something that I strongly believe in. Lately I quit sodas altogether. I'm also exercising more. I'm also spending more time praying and I make more of an effort to engage in helpful, spiritually uplifting books. It is important to keep yourself immersed in goodness. It helps stave off the bad of the world that sometimes sneaks into us without us knowing it. I liken it to pulling the weeds out of the garden. If you don't tend to the garden, it will be overtaken with weeds. You don't see them coming, you just wake up one day and they're there.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Great thread idea BB.

I liken it to pulling the weeds out of the garden. If you don't tend to the garden, it will be overtaken with weeds. You don't see them coming, you just wake up one day and they're there.
    Great saying!
    I am going to more effort in my music. That includes my estranged bass. It's been at least 5 years since I actually set up a routine. It's usually practice on stage. More dedication to my drum pad. I am taking it to work today. It's been slow and I get tired of doing nothing.

User Info Menu

I've been trying meditate more, but it is very hard to find the time. It helps my overall outlook on life and makes me a tighter drummer too, believe it or not.
    BTW, it doesn't have to be used for religion; COMPLETELY clearing your mind of all thoughts and inner or outer distrations for 10 minutes or so can really 'tune up' the brain.

I'm also trying hard to spend as much quality time as I can with my wife & 20 month old daughter.

User Info Menu

I'm still trying to catch up on all the post on DRUMCHAT.

That's a good thing, right?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I'm learning how to play drums and the congas.
    Begin the day with a friendly voice, a companion unobtrusive. - Rush

User Info Menu

Cool Re: What are you doing to improve yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragonsound View Post
    I'm learning how to play drums and the congas.
    SDS--Good thinking, especially the last part, man!

One thing I'm working on is to have a more positive outlook on things. I'm one of these guys who sees the glass of water and sees it as half-empty (ironic since I'm one of the guys who's always ready to cheer on a brother or sister drummer)...but the trick is, at least for me, to remember that while change is inevitable, it is also not something to fear...and that's half the battle in itself!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Bongo, you speak like an avant guard (sp) philosopher.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shazane View Post
    I'm learning guitar, bass, keyboard and vocals
    you could be a one man band now, like Burzum