Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watch this

User Info Menu

Default Watch this

This is one of my favorite solos! Neil Peart! watch the video and let me know what u guys think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuOTkrEVeb4
    being a succesful musician has nothing to do with being signed, popular or making alot of money. It has to do with making great music.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Watch this

Wow huge kit!!! Great playin too!
    “The doctor listens in with a stethoscope and hears sounds of a warpath Indian drum.”

User Info Menu

yeah i know!! i wish my kit was that big! its half acoustic half electric!! not to mention his hardware is all gold!! man i wonder how much that thing is worth!
    being a succesful musician has nothing to do with being signed, popular or making alot of money. It has to do with making great music.

User Info Menu

that was really good

User Info Menu

hes the best!

User Info Menu

"Der Tromler" - that's a classic solo for any Rush fan! My brother and I can sit and listen to that all night! OK, the truth is that we can sit and listen to the whole Rush catalogue all night long!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

yeah im with u there pastor Bob, i would love to see that solo in person! man

User Info Menu

Justin, my brother went to California to see Rush at the Hollywood Bowl. It was a reunion of high school friends for him. They had so much fun together, an old buddy of his, who now lives in New York, invited him to see Rush at Madison Square Garden with him, and his wife (also a friend from high school). He has now been invited back this summer to attend another Rush concert this summer, with the same friends, in New Jersey! I am soooooooooo jealous!!!!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

omg he is so lucky! you shud talk him in to taking u

User Info Menu

I have that DVD! its awesome! (the dvd is called Anatomy of a drum solo by neil peart)
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

yeah ive got it too andreeeew, its an awesome dvd, u can learn a lot off of it!

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Watch this

Awesome...thotful Solo....also..chk Out Thomas Lang ... His Technique And Stick Tricks Make Him One Of The Best In The World As Well!!!!!
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

alright ill check him out

User Info Menu

wow he is awesome! i love the stuff he does with his sticks!

User Info Menu

ok his drumming is amazing but i have to say that my favorite part is when he plays the keyboard thing with his sticks. That shows precision as well as speed.
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

respect to the guy, its professional and melodic but it dosent grab me, glad you guy's got something from it though.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TURTLINATOR View Post
    ok his drumming is amazing but i have to say that my favorite part is when he plays the keyboard thing with his sticks. That shows precision as well as speed.
    yeah that thing is awesome, i wonder what its called

User Info Menu

i have a new hero

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by justinmill14 View Post
    yeah i know!! i wish my kit was that big! its half acoustic half electric!! not to mention his hardware is all gold!! man i wonder how much that thing is worth!
    I have read that that kit costs about $80,000 out the door. I wish I had that kind of dough lying around...oh wait...I wish I had some of his talent too!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmonster206 View Post
    I have read that that kit costs about $80,000 out the door. I wish I had that kind of dough lying around...oh wait...I wish I had some of his talent too!
    wow, thats alot of money!

User Info Menu

Wow! He is seriously one of the greatest drummers alive. I couldn't even keep up with what I'm doing on a huge kit like that.

User Info Menu

i know! hes great!

User Info Menu

neil peirts the best freakin drummer in the world!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rod_paige_drummer View Post
    neil peirts the best freakin drummer in the world!!!

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

How a drummer on a drummer's forum can make a statement that doesn't convey awe and respect for Neil Peart and his music is just beyond me. If somebody came on a guitarist site and said Jimmy Page didn't move him, he'd be given a virtual horse whipping.

Here's my favorite solo from the worlds greatest drummer/lyricist
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tlse...eature=related
    Last edited by Roaddebris; 10-10-2008 at 08:39 PM.