Thread: double bass patterns

User Info Menu

Default double bass patterns

Hey guys i was wanting to know what i could do to help me get faster and mor consistent with my double bass Thanks! lol
    being a succesful musician has nothing to do with being signed, popular or making alot of money. It has to do with making great music.

User Info Menu

Default Re: double bass patterns

You're probably not going to like this answer but it's true:

Do it "A LOT"!

User Info Menu

alright lol, any other tips??
    being a succesful musician has nothing to do with being signed, popular or making alot of money. It has to do with making great music.

User Info Menu

practice playing constsent single notes, swithch feet, increase speed, then try the same but with doubles instead

User Info Menu

alright ill try it out. thanks

User Info Menu

Tighten the tension as high as it will go. This will help to strengthen your legs and increase stamina. When you loosen the tension, you will see the speed. But, don't think this will happen over night. Practice, practice and practice some more...day after day, week after week and month after month. Only with consistent practice will you achieve.

Shazane Guest

Quote Originally Posted by justinmill14 View Post
    Hey guys i was wanting to know what i could do to help me get faster and mor consistent with my double bass Thanks! lol
    How about... a very effective 16 week speed and control workout by George Kollias??

http://georgekollias.com/tips/16week...e_16week_1.htm

http://georgekollias.com/tips/16week/
    Last edited by Shazane; 06-27-2008 at 09:04 PM.

User Info Menu

hey fiacovaz, how do tu tighten the tension?

User Info Menu

and shazane, ill take a look at it! thanks!

User Info Menu

ok i think i tightened it if its the big spring thing but its not feeling that much tighter...

User Info Menu

Practice! Try adjusting the height of your throne, i find the higher mine is i can generally gain extra speed.

Make your less dominant foot, be able to play what your more dominant foot can.
    When Everything is coming your way, Your in the wrong Lane!

User Info Menu

HOLA COMO ESTAS JUSTINMILL14 *CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST(CAT) As your Aware of ALL the TECHNIQUES OF WHICH
    THE CREATIVE ARTISTIC OPEN MINDED ARTIST DRUMMER STUDYS (LEARNS)(GAINS-KNOWLEDGE*with His HANDS ,AND ,I MEAN EVERY THING THAT Your HANDS /FINGER/WRIST/ARMS/perform within A VERY DISCIPLINE STRUCTURED
    (CONTROL) FASHION (WAY) *THE ACTUAL TECHNIQUES FROM VERY SIMPLE TO EXTREMMMMMXXX COMPLEX RHYTHMS *THAT the Artist PERFORMS (PLAYS) NEED to be PERFORMED STUDIED within A VERY DISCIPLINE (CONTROL) With THE FEET (PEDALS) even Per-say the ARTIST Only USES ONE(1) BASS -DRUM PEDAL AND A HI-HAT(SOCK) or DOUBLE PEDAL or DOUBLE
    BASS with (2) SEPERATE BASS DRUM PEDALS ***AS this IS within THE CREATIVE ARTISTIC OPEN MINDED ARTIST HIS OWN UNIQUE (STYLE)(SIGNATURE)(ARTISTRY) as THE ARTIST GROWS /GAINS /DISCIPLINE within THE TECHNIQUES THAT ARE A life time and Beyond Too MASTER**So too
    some this up EVERY THING You PERFORM with your hands FROM Singles ,FLAMS,DOUBLES ,PRESS ROLLS (BUZZ)Infact all the RUDIMENTS ,SWISS CHART RUDIMENTS ***********
    NEED TO be LEARNED**GET THE GEORGE LAWERENCE STONE ACCENTS & REBOUNDS & ALSO HIS STICK CONTROL BOOKS ARE A ENCYCLOPEDIA *
    OF FANTASTIC DISCIPLINE STUDYS *THEIR IS ALSO TED REEDS VERY
    HOT BOOK within SYNCOPATIONS /AND-JIM CHAPINS ADVANCE TECHNIQUES FOR THE MODERN JAZZ DRUMMER *All ARE*Very HOT (WORKS) ARE GREAT STUDYS For HANDS AND FEET(PEDALS)) WHAT EVER works for the CREATIVE OPEN MINDED ARTISTIC ARTIST IS ALL GREAT ** within their OWN UNIQUE ARTISTRY within their JOURNEYS **GRACIAS

User Info Menu

alright he is the lamb, ill try raising up my throne, i never thought about that

User Info Menu

Always remember to Heel Up....For Speeding up....

Hmm...what else...
    They answered it....Train as much as possible mate....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

alright thanks, and i started that 16 week thing today that shazane showed me above and its workin great so far! in 16 weeks im hopin ill be twice as fast