Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My double pedal lack of...

User Info Menu

Default My double pedal lack of...

I have had double pedals for a long time and never really utilize them.

Tonight I tried to play some stuff with them.

Mediocre at best but I don't need them when I play live so I don't get much play time with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGzta_ENSYE
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Default Re: My double pedal lack of...

Nice job Dude! When you use your toms and doubles it sounded swarve (im gonna try play that). It went Awkward when you tired to use the para-diddle on the ride snare and doubles, smile please :P
    When Everything is coming your way, Your in the wrong Lane!

User Info Menu

Sounded fun Bish! Thanks for sharing it with us!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Nice job, it was smooth.
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

User Info Menu

nice bish. what kind of cymbals are those?

User Info Menu

that was pretty darn good bish.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

HOLA COMO ESTAS BISH*MI AMIGO CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST (CAT) Very Cool Mi amigo *as your Creative Artistic
    PASSIONATE MIND & SOUL (ARTISTRY) GAINS More KNOWLEDGE within this NEW DIMENSION of *FEET (PEDALS) TECHNIQUES THIS WILL ONLY ENHANCE Your VERY UNIQUE CREATIVE *(*STYLE)(ARTISTRY)BLENDING AS you FLOW
    within this AMAZING NEW JOURNEY**GRACIAS * MI AMIGO

User Info Menu

Wow, that was cool! Why do you have mutes on your cymbals?

User Info Menu

Wow, you guys aren't stingy on the compliments. Thank you!!

Hey, CC, those are Zildjian ZXT platinums.

Nik, I mute the cymbals so the drums stand out better. Keeps the highs and excess cymbal sustain out of the mix. I wanted you guys to hear the drums.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Not bad Bish. If I can make a suggestion; take a song or two that you play in your band and find a way to incorporate double bass. Of course, make sure that it is in a place in the song where it fits. Don't force it. This will help you start using the double bass on the gig and you'll get used to it faster in a normal gig setting. I did this years ago and it works! Sometimes there's a section of a tune that's really building and rocking out near the end. This is a great place to incorporate double bass, again... as long as it fits the tune.

Way to go man. You've got some nice rhythms worked out.

User Info Menu

Thanks, Drummer. I have been trying exactly what you suggested. Precarious for the rest of the band on certain moments but I seem to come out of any sort of tail spin semi-intact.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: My double pedal lack of...

You know, watching you and some of the others play double-pedal almost makes me want to give that a try. However, I don't do that because, for me, it would just be a toy to play with and would actually be wasted on me. I don't get a lot of practice time at home and when I do, the wife is always upstairs and I know that it bothers her...even though she won't say so. I am happy with what I play and the bands that I play with. But that doesn't spoil the enjoyment for me when I hear you guys go all out on your kits.
    Who knows, maybe the day will come when I actually get a second kit with additional toms and a double pedal to kick around with. If I do, it will be because of guys like you Bish

User Info Menu

Hey, why wait? I'm only 3 hours away. Stop by and try'm out.

We could actually play at the same time on different kits.

Or better yet, we are playing at a big outdoor gig this coming Friday (July 4th.) Come on down for the day and you can get up and do a song or two.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

hey that was some pretty good drummin bish
    being a succesful musician has nothing to do with being signed, popular or making alot of money. It has to do with making great music.

User Info Menu

Thanks. I am sort of embarassed now that I watch it. I'm going to do another only this time I might even warm up first?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Bish-
    That's purdy good buddy! It's a difficult transition no matter what. It seems like I always have to adjust the height of my throne up just a smidge. Somehow it makes me lighter on my feet, ya know what I mean. I'm heel up all the time... Off accent I can only get 2 to 1 to sound right. RF/RF-LF. Just can't hold the coordination sustained. You're on the road to greatness!
    Q-Would you buy another one if it were stolen?
    A-Well yeah... But, I'd probly turn into a homicidal maniac first!

User Info Menu

Thanks!!!!

I do know what you mean about raising the throne height. I am pretty much heel up, too!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Oh sorry Bish-
    Asleep at the wheel here... I raise my throne a bit to force myself into using ankle/calve -vs- ankle/calve/knee. Somehow it makes ya feel a little lighter on your feet. More speed than power I guess is what I meant. I have been using a dbl pedal config for around 8 months and still have to rework things out and sometimes it's single pedal for hh action ya know. Like I said, it's a difficult transition especially for an old schooler like myself. Thank goodness for the ol drop clutch tho...

User Info Menu

Uh well... Uh... Can my last post go into my latest blonde moment..? I am terribly sorry Bish. I thought I read, "I don't know what you mean", I tried to tell you guys I was the ultimate numskull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry budro...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    You know, watching you and some of the others play double-pedal almost makes me want to give that a try. However, I don't do that because, for me, it would just be a toy to play with and would actually be wasted on me. I don't get a lot of practice time at home and when I do, the wife is always upstairs and I know that it bothers her...even though she won't say so. I am happy with what I play and the bands that I play with. But that doesn't spoil the enjoyment for me when I hear you guys go all out on your kits.
    Who knows, maybe the day will come when I actually get a second kit with additional toms and a double pedal to kick around with. If I do, it will be because of guys like you Bish
    Frank, it will work it's way into your current playing style. That's what happened to me. In fact today I was practicing and went into this weird Dennis Chambers type of groove where it's a shuffle groove and the main bass foot is playing a double samba type of thing. Suddenly I started putting the inbetween beats on the hi hat. It's a very complicated pattern. I didn't even know I could do this! But it's a result of all of the double bass practice I've done through the years. It's funny; double bass has never been my strong point but practicing it a lot has really opened me up and given me more independence than even before.

User Info Menu

Hey bish, nice stuff, I know what you are going thru, Its hard to fit them in to tunes you have been playing a single pedal with for a long time. [it throws the band off it seems] I suggest looking for a specific new tune to the band, that fits them , also have a go at ratamcues and six stroke patterns incorporating the feet, that may let you loosen up a bit with them. have fun.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the suggestions, Rat.

And, DBC...np, Bud. It's all good!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Nice job , much better than I could have done . Ive been a single BD player for 30 years and have been thinking lately about getting a double just to play around with. Good job though , I was diggin it .

User Info Menu

Bish that was amazing and i think that with some more practice you can be incredible with the double pedal. You rock dude.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: My double pedal lack of...

Bish My Phriend You Inspire To Wanna Go Out And Rebuy Some Dbl Pedals Again!!!!kepp Groovin Bro!!!!
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!