Thread: Tama Lever Glide HH Stand - Drum Reviews

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Tama Lever Glide HH Stand - Drum Reviews

The Tama Lever Glide Hi Hat Stand is by far the smoothest hi hat stand I've ever owned. I have one of the older models and it has lasted me for years without any problems.

The 'lever glide' action is its strength. Somehow the 'pull' on the rod is offset by this lever mechanism. For the life of me, I've never been able to figure out how it works that way but obviously a lot of thought went into the invention because it operates beautifully and it's stuck around all these years so other drummers must be lovin' it too.

The other cool feature is that the base of the stand swivels (on mine anyway). This has been great when it comes to moving it out of the way of the double bass pedal or a mic stand. Or if I'm trying out a different set-up down near the floor, the flexibility of this stand is priceless.

Other features are a heavy duty, adjustable tilt mechanism underneath the bottom hi-hat, smooth up and down glide with regard to inserting and removing the top tube, a memory lock, and it's a very lightweight hi hat stand as well. It won't add a hundred pounds to your trap case.

I did a Google search and found that the most recent model they're selling is a Tama HH-905 and they've made it part of the Iron Cobra series. It doesn't appear that it would be as lightweight as mine as they've added a real heavy base to it. The one pictured also has double braced legs. Current sale prices were from $159 to $200.

User Info Menu

nice high hat!!!!!

User Info Menu

looks nice! I want sabian 13 fusion hi hats. there's some zildjian hats that I want but they're like $250.

User Info Menu

Tama is known for it's good Hardware so I'm not too suprised...Nice Hi-Hat stand....

User Info Menu

A+++++++! I love that beast! I want to pick one up so bad.
    ~John K.~

User Info Menu

thats a nice cymbal i wish i had it instead of the banged ones i have

User Info Menu

i havnt owned any tama hardware in a long time but know thier quality. i used to have several of the old titan series stands and hi hat aswell as the old 80s camco pedals.

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: Tama Lever Glide HH Stand

Hola como estas DRUMMER (TOM) ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMER
    Gracias for the Know:edge (INFO) This HI-HAT(SOCK) Is next on my LIST *
    **I am first getting A NEW *CLUTCH *THE IRON COBRA CLUTCH ,I have
    A older Model of the Hi-hat (SOCK)AMAZING HI-HAT PEDAL (SOCK) ,GREAT FAST SMOOTH ACTION** I love tama HARDWARE *very strong it can really go the EXTRA MILES *I also use IRON COBRA DOUBLE HP900PTW POWER GLIDE & IRON COBRA HP900RSW -ROLLING GLIDE *THEY ARe RED HOT
    FANTASTIC FAST SMOOTH ACTION** PEDALS **GRACIAS**

ThePloughman Guest

Default Re: Tama Lever Glide HH Stand

Its a great stand. Worthy. Road Worthy. I have two. You wont be dissatisfied.