Thread: Pearl PowerShifter Eliminator?

User Info Menu

Question Pearl PowerShifter Eliminator?

Hi everyone,
    I was thinking about buying a double bass pedal but I figured that I don't like to play metal music and I enjoy playing around with my hi-hat so why buy one right?
    Anyways I am thinking about buying the PowerShifter Eliminator when I get a little better. You can get this pedal with the chain drive or the belt drive. Which one should I get?
    Thanx!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Pearl PowerShifter Eliminator?

I just bought a Yamaha double pedal. It has a double chain drive and came with nylon belts. I haven't tried the belts yet but it's a good option to have. I played the Pearl Eliminator and the Tama Iron Cobra before I decided on the Yamaha. I don't play Metal either but I like the ability to play double bass when I want to. There are alot of other music styles where a double pedal comes in handy. If you decide on a double pedal make sure you play it before you buy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nik276 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I was thinking about buying a double bass pedal but I figured that I don't like to play metal music and I enjoy playing around with my hi-hat so why buy one right?
    Anyways I am thinking about buying the PowerShifter Eliminator when I get a little better. You can get this pedal with the chain drive or the belt drive. Which one should I get?
    Thanx!
    OLA como estas' NIK *CREATIVE*ARTISTIC *DRUMMER ARTIST *
    I have been A **(PRO)** My WHOLE LIFE & **************
    I use IRON COBRA DOUBLE HP900PTW POWER GLIDE & IRON COBRA DOUBLE
    HP900RSW ROLLING GLIDE & PEARL ELIMINATOR DOUBLE * I love My TAMAS
    THE MOST ,the TAMA ARE FOR me- SO VERY SMOOTH & FANTASTIC HOT FAST ACTION* The PEARL Eliminator IS VERY HOT TOO AS I also OWN *.In all My Years of PERFORMING I have used MANY MANY PEDALS they have all been good *
    MY SPEED KING *Gretsch Floating Action,My siv-O-Matic. MY GHOST My DW
    7000 DOUBLE *BUT I PERFER MY TAMAS IRON -COBRAS* *GRACIAS **
    WHAT ever works for THE ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMER IS ALL GREAT**
    & 32ndHEARTBEAT * JUST TRY them ALL******ITS ALL GREAT Mi AMIGO**

User Info Menu

in my opinion Eliminator is better than Iron cobra (i have tried them both) because it has more adjustments.
    chain drive for sure
    Keep On Drumming

User Info Menu

Interesting thread. I too am thinking of purchasing a double pedal but I am leaning more toward DW. I use a DW 5000 series single pedal and love it above my Tama. I was wondering if anyone has or is using a Gibraltar double pedal?

User Info Menu

I have a single Iron Cobra and decided on the Eliminator chain drive model after playing a buddy's. I've never tried the belt drive model, but I sure like the chain drive model. I found that for heel/toe playing, I'm better able to get my whole foot on the footboard with the Eliminator, which I can't with the Iron Cobra. Yeah, there's the Axis pedals but they're ridiculously priced.
    bruarm - Mapex Mafia
    Mapex Pro M fusion kit natural finish
    Zildjians:
    14" K Custom Dark hats
    14" K Heavy Ride
    10" & 12" A fast splashes
    14", 16" & 18" A fast crashes
    Pearl Eliminator double kick
    Pearl free-floater brass snare (the deep one!!)
    not one, but 2 cowbells!!

User Info Menu

i have the powershifter eliminator double pedal and i love it. you can change the chain drive or whatever its called and get a different feel