Thread: Gretsch renown solo vid

User Info Menu

Default Gretsch renown solo vid

I sure hope I'm not repeating or doubling up on a post with this. I stumbled on this awhile back and thought it might be worth takin a look at. This young gentleman is purdy solid! I thought any ol way... Check it out if ya care to.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1e-8U8Qnyw
    Q-Would you buy another one if it were stolen?
    A-Well yeah... But, I'd probly turn into a homicidal maniac first!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Gretsch renown solo vid

Well, if that had been previoously posted...I missed it. Thanks for putting it up again. I've always loved that great Gretsch sound. Question though, I've never been miked before. Is the sound I heard because of the miking or are the drums that focused?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    Well, if that had been previoously posted...I missed it. Thanks for putting it up again. I've always loved that great Gretsch sound. Question though, I've never been miked before. Is the sound I heard because of the miking or are the drums that focused?
    I am thinkin a little of both ya know... Don't really know. I am only recently finding the need to mic up myself. Ears just ain't what they once were I 'spose... Not to mention full stacks blowin ya out of the water.

User Info Menu

There is a lot of "studio" in what you are hearing. Gretsch have a good sound no doubt and that is how I would like my kit to sound if I was able.

My SONORs sound very close to that unmiced and with factory heads. I'm afraid to change them cuz I'll prolly mess them up.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    There is a lot of "studio" in what you are hearing. Gretsch have a good sound no doubt and that is how I would like my kit to sound if I was able.

My SONORs sound very close to that unmiced and with factory heads. I'm afraid to change them cuz I'll prolly mess them up.
    Bish-
    No way! All of your vids sound great man, Tuning sounds superb!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drumrbychoice View Post
    Bish-
    No way! All of your vids sound great man, Tuning sounds superb!!

I'm not so sure. Bish has, or has had, several sets and he knows what they sound like and are capable of producing. I think it's very interesting that he feels his Sonors sound close to what we heard on the Gretsch Renoun video. That is what I call having a "Tuned" set of ears.