Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frank's Trio

User Info Menu

Default Frank's Trio

After a lot of planning and waiting for the right personnel, my new Jazz Trio is rehearsing tonight. We will be bass, drums and keyboard. Our concept will be to feature a Guest and rotate Guests on a regular basis. Of the three, I'm the only one who has played with the other two and I am really getting excited about the three of us together. "Frank's Trio" is just a working label for now. I'll keep you up to date as things progress.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Frank's Trio

Sounds good , congrats to you .

What type og guests are you planning on having show up?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    Sounds good , congrats to you .

What type og guests are you planning on having show up?

One, in particular, Vibraphones. I would also invite a particular guest on Sax and Flute. Jazz guitar is certainly a nice alternative as well. I think that the idea is more Economics focused as we want to get paid gigs. Trios and Quartets are small enough to get hired and about as basic as I would want to be to do a good job.

User Info Menu

That's a great idea. Cool concept!

Good luck with it!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Kool Frank ! Gonna have any guest drummers ?
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

That sounds great Frank. I have hooked up with an unbelievable keyboardist here that I have been playing allot of jazz with. I am having more fun with that then any of the other bands I am involved with including the Elton show band. The thing that makes it fun is it is all improvised (we never rehearse) we just book the gig and play. But we have been so well received and we seem to click so well together that it is really fun. It sounds like you are going to have the same playing situation so enjoy it. gigs like these are rare!

User Info Menu

Awesome Frank. Cant wait to hear it once you got it down.
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

ill master your audio tracks for free.
    bring on the Jazz fiacovaz

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post

One, in particular, Vibraphones. I would also invite a particular guest on Sax and Flute. Jazz guitar is certainly a nice alternative as well. I think that the idea is more Economics focused as we want to get paid gigs. Trios and Quartets are small enough to get hired and about as basic as I would want to be to do a good job.
    Sounds good , I like the idea of guest musicians . Good luck with it .

User Info Menu

Congrats Frank...thats basically what i play now at our church...we got a keyboard and bass....its a fun setup.....
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

Thanks, Guys! Tonight's rehearsal was the first play together for the keyboard and bass. After 2 hours, we agreed that we seem to be in sync with each other and agreed to keep rehearsing to the point of getting down what we want and then into a studio to cut a Demo. From what transpired, I'd say that we are heading to be a Coctail lounge group or some other equally small venue. I'll keep posts as we go along.

User Info Menu

I am digging the coctail lounge gigs though...

User Info Menu

After a lot of planning and waiting for the right personnel, my new Jazz Trio is rehearsing tonight. We will be bass, drums and keyboard. Our concept will be to feature a Guest and rotate Guests on a regular basis. Of the three, I'm the only one who has played with the other two and I am really getting excited about the three of us together. "Frank's Trio" is just a working label for now. I'll keep you up to date as things progress.
    HOLA COMO ESTAS FIACOVAZ *( FRANK) MI AMIGO CREATIVE
    ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST (CAT) THATS FANTASTIC AS your finesse within your VERY SMOOTH ARTISTRY will ONLY ENHANCE the Very COOL FLOW (COMPLIMENTING your other ARTISTIC CREATIVE ARTIST* *Very COOL MI AMIGO**HOPE that its A FANTSTIC JOURNEY for you Mi amigo * GRACIAS

User Info Menu

hmmmm, Im looking forward to hearing some of this stuff, yummy. can you record blue bossa or bossa nova USA, for me. anything by oscar would also be fine. thx in advance.

User Info Menu

We did play a few Bossa Nova's last night. I love this style and make good use of my cymbals for shimmering effects. What's really nice is that the only cymbal I set for rehearsal is my K Constantinople light ride...absolutely beautiful and made just for this purpose.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Frank's Trio

Congrats, Frank! Glad to hear the news (and I hope to hear the trio, as well)!

Keep us posted...and who knows, I may have to find an excuse to visit your way for a gig as a guest percussionist!

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    Congrats, Frank! Glad to hear the news (and I hope to hear the trio, as well)!

Keep us posted...and who knows, I may have to find an excuse to visit your way for a gig as a guest percussionist!

That, bongo, would be our pleasure!!

User Info Menu

Hey Frank does your bass player use and electric or a standup bass?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    Hey Frank does your bass player use and electric or a standup bass?

Standup accoustic...the only bass to have for Jazz. But, he also has an electric hollow - body Gibson. Since you brought it up, the big band insists on the accoustic bass for everything except the Latin and Rock tunes we might play and that's only because it's easier to play with . You know you have a good bass when you can "Feel" it rather than "Hear" it.

User Info Menu

Standup accoustic...the only bass to have for Jazz. But, he also has an electric hollow - body Gibson. Since you brought it up, the big band insists on the accoustic bass for everything except the Latin and Rock tunes we might play and that's only because it's easier to play with . You know you have a good bass when you can "Feel" it rather than "Hear" it.
    very nice...i cant wait to hear some tunes!
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

That is cool I like the acoustic bass but have never had the privledge of playing with a decent acoustic player.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    That is cool I like the acoustic bass but have never had the privledge of playing with a decent acoustic player.
    u r missing out then buddy, its sooooo full, sooooo warm and, the smooth transitional slides into different chord progressions just let the drummer leave space and subtleties that I cant describe. love the old trio stuff. bring it on frankie.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Frank's Trio

Yeah, man!!! Of course when you've got a "walkin'" beat with piano, brushes and acoustic bass, that's when the bongos and congas sound best, IMHO...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    Yeah, man!!! Of course when you've got a "walkin'" beat with piano, brushes and acoustic bass, that's when the bongos and congas sound best, IMHO...

Well, Charlie...I don't know about that. How about you making a trip up this way and proving it to me...

User Info Menu

Well, Charlie...I don't know about that. How about you making a trip up this way and proving it to me...
    Pick me up. I'm on the way.
    Signature here