Thread: Multiple conga stand...??

User Info Menu

Default Multiple conga stand...??

Aloha conguero's,

Question:
    Anyone playing more than 2 conga's using a stand OTHER than the LP triple stand or basket type stands? I saw this really cool rack style DW triple conga stand on DW's website. I was wondering if anyone here had something like that to gig with. I usually play sitting with the quinto on the left, conga in the center and tumba on the right.

Okay...take it easy and Aloha from the 50th state!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Multiple conga stand...??

Aloha, brother conguero!

Haven't seen the dw conga rack, but I guess I'll have to check it out.

I play congas seated (as a Latin conguero would), with the drums around me in a flying-V pattern (quinto on my left, conga front and center and a little forward of the other drums, and tumba on my right). I use little LP rubber feet to lift the quinto and conga up about 1 1/2", which brings them to the height of the conga, which I keep flat on the floor. My bongos are on a stand placed between the conga and the tumba, and they're tilted toward me at about a 45-degree angle so I can jump from congas to bongos easily...

I must really "march" to a different drummer because I generally start on the quinto and alternate between conga and tumba, where most conga players start on the conga and alternate between quinto and tumba...but it still sounds great...

Mahalo, bro'!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

I have used a two drum stand a lot but i have never seen a triple stand by DW. I prefer to play seated but because I play them at a church percussion stand with lots of things to do it would be very tough.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Multiple conga stand...??

You might have to cobble one together with a double stand and a single stand. I know LP makes a triple stand, but if you want to keep everything on a rack, that might not work for ya, man...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Bongobro,
    Yeah I usually play seated too but sometimes when there's a lot of "toys" to jump between: timbale's, bongo's, blocks/bells, SPD-11, etc. sometimes it's easier to stand and move around between all the stuff.