View Poll Results: Your seat shape preference?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Round

11 37.93%
  • Bicycle

18 62.07%

Thread: Drum Throne - POLL

User Info Menu

Default Drum Throne - POLL

The other drum throne thread got me thinking about this. What is your preference for seat shape?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum Throne - POLL

That's a good question, Drummer...would almost have to have both side-by-side to determine. However, I have the bicycle seat Roc-N-Soc and it's probably better suited to me as I like to sit in close to the kit and then, on ocassion sit farther back.

User Info Menu

i like the bicycle shape better, although i have a round one, its not very comfortable though but i just dont have the money to buy a new one right now
    being a succesful musician has nothing to do with being signed, popular or making alot of money. It has to do with making great music.

User Info Menu

I currently have a round style DW9000 series seat. I have played a kit with a tractor style seat on occasion and it felt different to me, I am sure that I could get used to it though with time. I am considering giving my son my currant throne and getting a Roc N Soc throne for myself. My current throne is really comfortable, but my sons throne for his kit needs to be replaced.

User Info Menu

It didn't take me long for the Roc N Soc (with back rest) to become a "must have" item!!
    not to steal the thread but, what do you guys pack you thrones w/ backrests in ??

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    That's a good question, Drummer...would almost have to have both side-by-side to determine. However, I have the bicycle seat Roc-N-Soc and it's probably better suited to me as I like to sit in close to the kit and then, on ocassion sit farther back.
    I have the same throne. I love it!
    GONE!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bldrums View Post
    It didn't take me long for the Roc N Soc (with back rest) to become a "must have" item!!
    not to steal the thread but, what do you guys pack you thrones w/ backrests in ??
    i dk, but maybe the back rest comes off for packing...
    being a succesful musician has nothing to do with being signed, popular or making alot of money. It has to do with making great music.

User Info Menu

I pack mine in an army issue duffel bag.

User Info Menu

Having the round style for forever, the bicycle style was a welcome addition.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I started with a round throne, and it was a beginner $20 "throw it in the deal" throne, so it's not really fair to compare it to my current throne, but . . . even though I didn't hate the round seat of the cheap throne, I do like the bicycle seat a little better. Now to be fair it is a better padded seat, and that alone could make the difference. It also has that velour cloth top, and that keeps me from sliding off onto the floor so much! Seriously though, I really do feel more balanced on the bicycle seat.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I have a round one but the bicycle ones, seem much more comfortable.
    “The doctor listens in with a stethoscope and hears sounds of a warpath Indian drum.”

User Info Menu

i've never tried a bike throne, but i would like to. untill then i wont vote.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

I use a round drum throne that came with my pearl forum. I could use a new one though
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

I have a roc-n-soc and it is soooooooo comfortable I sit in it to watch movies. I love that thing. Bicycle style.

User Info Menu

I got a pearl roadster series throne. Round with a pillow top. Sweeeet Throne. Very bun-friendly
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

HOLA Como estas DRUMMER (TOM) & MI AMIGO CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST (CAT) I always (PREFERED)the Round Ones
    FOR My ARTISTRY *AS FOR when I am Performing (GIGING)(WORKING)
    AND CREATEING My ANCIENT SPIRITUAL ARTISTRY**SOLOS * the Round one JUST HELPS me within My DISCIPLINED CONTROLED (TECHNIQUES ) AS within ALL My MOVEMENTS * I Can be alot More FLEXIBLE within Every thing I am PERFORMING *JUST very ComforTable* and THIS WORKS for Me* WHAT-ever works for The CREATIVE OPEN MINDED ARTIST IS ALL GREATR *GRACIAS

User Info Menu

I voted for the bicycle seat since I have a Roc-N-Soc, which is great, but I heard alot of rave reviews for the Pork Pie round thrones for the comfort. Anyone here have any experience with those?
    Sonor, Zildjian, Remo, DW and Vater

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Drum Throne - POLL

I Always Have For Many Years Sworn By My "ROC N SOC"(BICYCLE SEAT BACK AND ALL.)...THERE TIS NO OTHER FOR SIR PHROGGE I TELL YA.....REQUIRES CREATIVE THINKING IN DA PACKING DEPT....BUT I PAY DA PRICE GLADLY!!!!
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

I have a ROC-n-SOC bicycle style throne with back support. I like the ability to be able to reach down and adjust the height with a touch of a finger.Plus the back support make those long sessions more bearable. I had a old throne that was circle shaped. I bought a cushioned bicycle and put in on but after awhile my butt fell asleep!!

User Info Menu

bicycle thrones are much more comfortable and stable in my taste