Thread: Cleaning cymbals

User Info Menu

Question Cleaning cymbals

Hi everyone,
    How many of you guys actually clean your cymbals? Does it actually make your cymbals sound better?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Cleaning cymbals

Nik, some people swear that the sound of a cymbal mellows with age, and dirt, so they never clean 'em. Others think that cleaning a cymbal is fine, and actually gives a beautiful shine under stage lights. It really is up to the individual to decide. I like my cymbals to shine a bit, but I'm no slave to cleaning (I think I'm just being lazy here LOL). I might clean up the cymbals once a year, and since I've been playing for a little over a year . . . yeah, I've cleaned 'em once!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Cleaning cymbals

hey there,

I'm with my friend PB on this...you can clean them if you want, but its gonna make your cymbals brighter though and take the warmth out of them...personally, i clean them only when they are totally plastered with prints from choking them...i never clean the bottom side to try to help keep the warmth inside....

its whatever you like though...
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes