Thread: Time for a new cymbal

Shazane Guest

Default Time for a new cymbal

And time to start on my K Custom Hybrid setup. Currently I have a 16" ZBT crash, should I add a 17" or a 19" Hybrid Crash?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Time for a new cymbal

id start 17. 19 are great cymbals, but the 17 will be much more versatile until you add on

User Info Menu

I have a 19" K Custom Hybrid China and I love it!
    GONE!

User Info Menu

I dunno with the 19"....
    But K Hybrid 17" is sound beautiful....

If I were you, I choose the 17"....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

well since you have the 16 if you like it id go with the 19 because that gives you a broader range, if you dont like it the 17 pitch wont be way to far off from the 16 so it would act more replacementy.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

if you want a more lasting sound go with the 19"

User Info Menu

the 19 in. will be 2 inches bigger than the 17 in.
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

For metal I would say a 19", it would cut better than a 17" I would think. But really I guess I would start replacing what ever less expensive cymbal you have that sounds the worst to you.

User Info Menu

I find a 17 the most usefull of all cymbals, Its just a taste for me, some people like 15's as their main crash, a lot more like 16's, and a lot like 18's, But I like that in-between, perfect, a bigger sound then a 16 when needed, but not as raw as an 18

The 19 will have a big sound, and it will be a big cymbal with a big ring, but it will also have a bigger price tag, If your going for some metal (well I wouldnt really suggest hybrids for heavy-heavy music, rock ok, metal no) then your probably gonna want that big 19 sound, if your more of an all around person, the 17 crash is probably what your looking into

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shazane View Post
    And time to start on my K Custom Hybrid setup. Currently I have a 16" ZBT crash, should I add a 17" or a 19" Hybrid Crash?
    if you're replacing the ZBT, i'd say go w/ the 17". first off, it is going to be of so much better quality that the size would not be my top concern. you are going to love either one. but better quality, 1" bigger, less expensive up front...that's just my opinion.

Ludwig Classic Maple Drums (22" x 14", 13" x 9", 16" x 16", 14" x 5")

Zildjian A Armand Cymbals (14" hats, 20" ride, 16" thin crash, 16" medium-thin crash, 10" splash)

Ludwig, Zildjian, Remo, Promark.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shazane View Post
    HOLA COMO ESTAS SHAZANEMI AMIGO CREATIVE ARTISTIC
    DRUMMER ARTIST(CAT) GO FOR IT **GRACIAS

User Info Menu

go with the 17 it will have more range than the 19

User Info Menu

i had the ZBT 16" crash but i sold it a month ago because it didn't fit very well with my A custom and Avedis crashes... i have to say that i really liked this cymbal
    i think that the choice between the 17" and the 19" depends of your style of playing.
    Personally i don't like that much big differences between my cymbals anyway i think that later you will also sell the ZBT to buy a hybrid one... so go for the 17"
    Keep On Drumming

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by luddy71 View Post
    if you're replacing the ZBT,
    he likes the ZBTs, i know hes keeping them

User Info Menu

i would go with the 17 first!
    being a succesful musician has nothing to do with being signed, popular or making alot of money. It has to do with making great music.

User Info Menu

if your stuck between a 17" and 19", why not go with an 18"? i love the sound of 18" crashes, i wish i had one

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ch33zz View Post
    I If your going for some metal (well I wouldnt really suggest hybrids for heavy-heavy music, rock ok, metal no)
    K customs are actually great for metal, along with A customs and HHXs

User Info Menu

shazane, once you get the cymbal, pease tell me what you think of it, i might get one