Thread: splash problem

User Info Menu

Default splash problem

my 8" ZBT splash has some dents in it, its deformed, if you hit a metal garbage can, thats hat it sounds like now. how can i undent it

User Info Menu

Default Re: splash problem

I think that cymbal is finished if you don't like the way it sounds. Poor little guy.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I agree with Bish, but you can take the dents out of it with a ball pien machinists hammer.these are the hammers that have the little round ends on the back of the head. just place in on a soft wood work bench and pound the dent out with the round end of the hammer, you could also experiment with it and hand hammer it in a pattern. As far as the sound I think it is shot, so you might as well mess around with it maybe you will make a cool effects cymbal or something.

User Info Menu

Your cymbals dont like the death metal youre playin DMD..........LOL

User Info Menu

LoL....yeah....who plays DM with ZBTs....lolol....sounds like the pigs got ya backed up in the corner.....
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

Brass hammer and a sandbox... I've done the very task. It was a 10" ZBT, It took a fall one evening and had a real nasty crease. Did okay tho. I still use it from time to time.
    Q-Would you buy another one if it were stolen?
    A-Well yeah... But, I'd probly turn into a homicidal maniac first!

User Info Menu

Check out this forum called "Cymbalholic". They are closed for new registrations but they do have repair tips that anyone can access. These guys are cymbal freaks and they have got it bad if you know what I mean. Maybe something there can help you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DeathMetalDrummer View Post
    my 8" ZBT splash has some dents in it, its deformed, if you hit a metal garbage can, thats hat it sounds like now. how can i undent it
    sounds like it's time for a replacement...and this time upgrade, if you can.

Ludwig Classic Maple Drums (22" x 14", 13" x 9", 16" x 16", 14" x 5")

Zildjian A Armand Cymbals (14" hats, 20" ride, 16" thin crash, 16" medium-thin crash, 10" splash)

Ludwig, Zildjian, Remo, Promark.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    I think that cymbal is finished if you don't like the way it sounds. Poor little guy.
    HOLA COMO ESTAS BISH MI AMIGO CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST (CAT) VERY FUNNY * BUT TRUE **Gracias

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmonster206 View Post
    Check out this forum called "Cymbalholic". They are closed for new registrations but they do have repair tips that anyone can access. These guys are cymbal freaks and they have got it bad if you know what I mean. Maybe something there can help you.
    HOLA Como estas GREENMONSTER*MI AMIGO CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST (CAT) GRACIAS for THE INFO (KNOWLEDGE ))
    I am going to check them out **

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    I agree with Bish, but you can take the dents out of it with a ball pien machinists hammer.these are the hammers that have the little round ends on the back of the head. just place in on a soft wood work bench and pound the dent out with the round end of the hammer, you could also experiment with it and hand hammer it in a pattern. As far as the sound I think it is shot, so you might as well mess around with it maybe you will make a cool effects cymbal or something.
    HOLA como estas BADKTODRUM MI AMIGO CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST (CAT) THATS A FACT EXCELLENT* GRACIAS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drumrbychoice View Post
    Brass hammer and a sandbox... I've done the very task. It was a 10" ZBT, It took a fall one evening and had a real nasty crease. Did okay tho. I still use it from time to time.
    Good call on the sand box, that would work even better than the soft wood idea. really the ideal thing would be a metal fabricators lead filled pillow that is used for shaping thin metal. But the sand box is a really good idea.

User Info Menu

Arent they pretty cheaply priced to begin with ? say around 40-50 bucks ? I would not bother trying to fix it at that price. I have an 8" A custom splash that I want to say I paid 70 $ for , but that was a while ago .

User Info Menu

cut out the dents and call it an earth splash!!!
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

play it with the dents.........it would be great for metal music...you could even paint spikes and chains on it...hahahahahaha
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes