Thread: Coated Ambassadors

User Info Menu

Default Coated Ambassadors

I just within the last few days switched out the stock heads on my SONOR's for a set of Coated Ambassadors. These puppies ring out like the Gretsch's did when I first got them, except they have better resonant sustain. Great sounding heads on this all maple kit.

In contrast they didn't sound as good on the Saturns or the Pearls. I haven't quite found the heads for the Pearls that I approve of yet. The Saturns and clear Emperors (factory supplied) are my favorite combo there.

Signature here

User Info Menu

Default Re: Coated Ambassadors

ive benn considering them, either coated or clear ambassadors, or clear emperors

User Info Menu

In this case, the clear Ambassadors had too much aftertone/overtones. The Clear Emperors were too thuddy and hence more boxy sounding.

The coateds have just enough sustain to ring without overdoing it.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Bish-
    Ya know with regard to Pearls... I haven't either..? Everybody I've talked to swears by the coated ambassadors tho. I went with the EC2's and there so-so... Tried pins and hydras too. I sure hate to go down and buy new heads for em again... Sheez, gettin old. I really like these Mapex and I 'spose I'll ride it out and do somethin at a later date. Thanks for the AC info, That would be my next move..?
    Last edited by drumrbychoice; 07-07-2008 at 10:06 PM. Reason: no spelling fool here
    Q-Would you buy another one if it were stolen?
    A-Well yeah... But, I'd probly turn into a homicidal maniac first!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    I just within the last few days switched out the stock heads on my SONOR's for a set of Coated Ambassadors. These puppies ring out like the Gretsch's did when I first got them, except they have better resonant sustain. Great sounding heads on this all maple kit.

In contrast they didn't sound as good on the Saturns or the Pearls. I haven't quite found the heads for the Pearls that I approve of yet. The Saturns and clear Emperors (factory supplied) are my favorite combo there.

HOLA como estas BISH MI AMIGO CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST (CAT) THATS ROJO CALIENTE GREAT**I love COATED HEADS VERY TEXTURED **GRACIAS I also AM FEELING AND PERHAPS CHANGEING My TOMS TOO DIPLOMAT COATED OF FIBER SKINS **NOT sure when ????GRACIAS

User Info Menu

Got to agree with ya on this one Bish. I use coated Ambassadors on my Yammys and they're fantastic. Wouldn't change that to anything else. I have the stock clear Ambassadors on my Orions, and love the overtones on those bad boys though.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Norske View Post
    Got to agree with ya on this one Bish. I use coated Ambassadors on my Yammys and they're fantastic. Wouldn't change that to anything else. I have the stock clear Ambassadors on my Orions, and love the overtones on those bad boys though.
    Yes, you'd mentioned that when we were discussing the Yammy's. rritter also mentioned about the coateds. So here I am. I believe you guys!!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I play coated ambassadors on the kit that I rehearse with, it is an older Tama Rockstar. They really woke those drums up when tunned correctly!