Drum Domains
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Latest video

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Default Latest video

    This one goes out to Kay Gee. I have not been able to get him any George Jones tunes yet so hopefully this one will hold him over until I do.

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=5GUIlVO39UI
    Dave


    Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend


    Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Latest video

    That was Great I can't stop laughing that made me happy thanks !!YEEEHAWW
    E Drums !! !

    There are no loud instruments just loud players !

    Protect Your Hearing !!!!

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Latest video

    lol..........
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

  4. #4

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Latest video

    Very Solid playing Dawgkikker, great feel and all.....

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Latest video

    Thanks guys. I have a long ways to go with my drumming but hopefully Im making progress each day. I really wasnt happy with my timing on that song. I just seemed to be a tick off. I mainly wanted to get one out there for KG.
    The cool thing about these videos is that I (and others) can look at them and help me correct my mistakes.
    Dave


    Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend


    Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

  6. #6

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Latest video

    I thought you did a great job!

    Very cool seeing other drummers perform!

    Thank you!!!!!!
    Signature here

  7. #7

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Latest video

    Hey Dave...you're way to hard on yourself...that was darn good. I like the shoulder action, shows you are into your "Groove." Good timing and feel from beginning to end. A suggestion though, if I may...try setting the camera somewhere to your side or above...this will give you a different viewing perspective and may provide some insight to your technique that you want to explore. I loved it!!

  8. #8

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Latest video

    I agree Dawg! I think you may be your own worst critic (not unusual for true artists), because it sounded great to me! Outstanding effort!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.





    For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

    Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

  9. #9

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Latest video

    yeehaww, looks like you are having fun buddy.

  10. #10

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Latest video

    BTW, I have to say that I hardly heard the lyrics of the song because I was focused on your playing along with the melody. Very well done!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.





    For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

    Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

  11. #11

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Latest video

    Hey Dawg, I was definately diggin it . I couldnt wait to get home from work to see it. Bout time someone posted a country vid . Keep 'em comin bro .

  12. #12

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Latest video

    Holy Smokes Dawg...Bang on on buddy! I think you were right in your element. I love the Corvette song! Great tune. Thank you so much for that one. That settles it. If you make it down here, were gonna play some Country. Yee...haw!!!

    all the best...

  13. #13

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Latest video

    Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    A suggestion though, if I may...try setting the camera somewhere to your side or above...this will give you a different viewing perspective and may provide some insight to your technique that you want to explore. I loved it!!
    I have actually thought of that Frank. But the problem that I ran into was that the drums really drowned out the music. I have the camera set up between 2 huge Cerwin Vega speakers so they can pick up the music. I guess you could call it a redneck rig since I dont have any other way to record. I may be jamming with a guy in the near future and he records with his laptop so Im hoping to gain some knowledge on that front. But that is a great point. And please anyone who has any tips or helpful info feel free to add it. Hey thats what we are here for.

    Thanks everyone Im happy you all enjoyed it. I have a blast doing these things and they are tying me over until I hook up with a band or something.
    Dave


    Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend


    Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

  14. #14

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Latest video

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgkikker View Post
    I have actually thought of that Frank. But the problem that I ran into was that the drums really drowned out the music. I have the camera set up between 2 huge Cerwin Vega speakers so they can pick up the music. I guess you could call it a redneck rig since I dont have any other way to record. I may be jamming with a guy in the near future and he records with his laptop so Im hoping to gain some knowledge on that front. But that is a great point. And please anyone who has any tips or helpful info feel free to add it. Hey thats what we are here for.

    Thanks everyone Im happy you all enjoyed it. I have a blast doing these things and they are tying me over until I hook up with a band or something.
    Your positioning was excellent for the full mix. I thought you balanced the two rather well. Good playing, good mixing....you need to work in a studio.
    Signature here

  15. #15

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Latest video

    Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Your positioning was excellent for the full mix. I thought you balanced the two rather well. Good playing, good mixing....you need to work in a studio.
    I wish I could play music for a living. But then I would probably hate playing.
    Dave


    Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend


    Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

  16. #16

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Latest video

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgkikker View Post
    I wish I could play music for a living. But then I would probably hate playing.
    ************************************************** ****************

    Hmmm...I thought Bish meant you should work in a Studio as a sound or mixing engineer. He's right, though, your video is well mixed.

  17. #17

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Latest video

    Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    ************************************************** ****************

    Hmmm...I thought Bish meant you should work in a Studio as a sound or mixing engineer. He's right, though, your video is well mixed.
    I get a lot of practice at church running the sound. I didn't catch that Frank but hey that is just as good.
    Dave


    Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend


    Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

  18. #18

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Latest video

    What I meant by working in a studio is doing the sound engineering and also doing session work (you performing the drum tracks) for other clients using the studio.

    I can tell your ability in either catagory would work well!
    Signature here

  19. #19

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Latest video

    great video Dawg, and u werent off on ur timing at all! atleast that i could tell!
    being a succesful musician has nothing to do with being signed, popular or making alot of money. It has to do with making great music.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •