Thread: Since you guys have persuaded me to get upgrades

User Info Menu

Default Since you guys have persuaded me to get upgrades

These upgrades will cost about 1000 dollars in all. So i'll post the pics and how much they cost and you tell me if are worth buying. thanks ZG

Pacific Drums by DW Chrome Plated Rack Package-$339.99

Remo Pinstripe PrePak Drumheads with Coated Snare Head-$39.94

Pacific Drums by DW DP402 Double Bass Drum Pedal-$99.99

Pacific Drums by DW CB934 Pacific Series Cymbal Boom Arm-$34.99(I'll need like 2 or 3 of these)

Also one more thing in the next post.Do you think its a good way to spend my money on or not?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Since you guys have persuaded me to get upgrades

Also:

Zildjian Z Custom Crash Pack with FREE 12" Z Custom Splash-$394.95

User Info Menu

So can you guys help me out.

User Info Menu

I would wait on the rack because you can easily get by without it. The pinstripes, If you have crappy stock heads on your current kit, go for it. DB pedal, save up some more and get a better pedal. I have the same one and regret ever buying it. You will need stands, so I would skip the boom arms and get the full set-up. I really like the Z customs though and I think I might buy some in the near future. If I were you, I would buy the cymbals and stands, then drum heads (unless your currents heads are just shot), then a DB pedal, then all the other extras like a rack.

User Info Menu

As far as my experience with either on the list, I would go for the Pins! As for the double pedal ... my son's drummer has the same one and he is constantly fixing parts on it.
    The rack? I used on for a week and sold it. But those pins ... where did you find that deal?

User Info Menu

okay thanks guys fot the help and styxx i pm with what you wanted to know

User Info Menu

Judging by some of your posts ZG, is if fair to say you want something that looks the part or fits the image of your band??

If so hold fire for just a moment. to make your kit look a bit more "Rock" try mounting the toms on a stand so you have your mid right in front of you and the hi to your left as you sit behind the kit. This may not suit your style but is would save you a shed load of cash if it worked out!

You mentioned something about the upgrade would cost you $1000. New heads are pretty much a must if your current heads are worn out or of poor quality and try to spend as much as you can on cymbals. If you look after them they will last years - you do not have to beat the hell out of them to make cymbals cut though....

NB Remo Pinstripes rule for me!
    Last edited by Dustin; 07-09-2008 at 05:01 PM.
    Dustin Lee Burgess
    Northfleet, England
    mapex mafia & paiste posse

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroGravity View Post
    These upgrades will cost about 1000 dollars in all. So i'll post the pics and how much they cost and you tell me if are worth buying. thanks ZG

Pacific Drums by DW Chrome Plated Rack Package-$339.99

Remo Pinstripe PrePak Drumheads with Coated Snare Head-$39.94

Pacific Drums by DW DP402 Double Bass Drum Pedal-$99.99

Pacific Drums by DW CB934 Pacific Series Cymbal Boom Arm-$34.99(I'll need like 2 or 3 of these)

Also one more thing in the next post.Do you think its a good way to spend my money on or not?
    hey my friend!

good upgrades listed here...its a nice rack if that`s sure what you want...skins are great upgrades...stands too...i wish someone would give me 1000 to upgrade my kit!!!!

My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

Hey i'm the member of the day!!!!

Anyway i would definitely wait on the rack and db pedal but by all means go for the cymbals and drumheads.
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

Inky you can determine what you want / need.

I will comment on your choice of pedal, I would not go with that entry level pedal. DW makes much better pedals for very little more cost. Look into these:

The 7000 would be my first choice. These are the same as the older 5000 that was top of the line for many years until the 9000 came along. It looks like you can even upgrade the hinges at a later date and make them even smoother.

Last edited by rmandelbaum; 07-09-2008 at 05:16 PM.
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TURTLINATOR View Post
    Hey i'm the member of the day!!!!
    would you mind rephrasing that old chap!
    Dustin Lee Burgess
    Northfleet, England
    mapex mafia & paiste posse

ThePloughman Guest

I think you misunderstood the meaning of upgrades. But, its your money.

User Info Menu

I think the heads and cymbals would be a great addition. All your sounds and half your appearance would be different, new and probably refreshing and give you a new reason to want to play!

If you need stands definitely get the rack over a bunch of tripod stands. Plus the cost will be about the same.

And I fully agree if you have to have a new db pedal, go for the 7000. For the money, it was the best deal I could make and a good quality pedal at that.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

i wouldnt go for the rack, if your where still gettin a rack. Go for one that is Square/rectangle. see how ur bars are circle, they seem to round off easy.
    When Everything is coming your way, Your in the wrong Lane!

User Info Menu

Man...if you ask me....

First of all I'm a stand guy....So I wouldn't grab that Rack....

And that DP....I have DP and I rarely used it...So I think if your music way is not metal or anything related with metal...evade it...

Pinstripe...I own it....And I love it....If you still using crappy drum-heads...the pins will be a great choice....Go for it

Z Custom....Can't say more....I love they sounds....Aggressive sounds....Raw...Whoaa...
    Nice line if you played rock and metal stuff.....

That just my opinion....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash