Thread: DW hardcore beaters

User Info Menu

Default DW hardcore beaters

Has anyone tried the DW Hardcore Beaters? I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with those beaters for DW Pedals. If you have what was you impression and how much did it change you pedals feel etc?

User Info Menu

Default Re: DW hardcore beaters

If you are referring to the square 'rubber' beater by DW, I have one on my 9000 pedal on my practice kit.

It's a two part beater in that the center is a harder plastic and can create a real focused strike point. You use a small allen wrench to adjust its depth. Downside is it'll dent your unprotected head. So I don't use that part. I use all the real estate face of the rubber square part.

It creates more of a dull thud. It's very good for studio work and practice sessions as I feel it tones down overtones and volume. It's quite nice but I've never used it in live performances. I just might get a couple for my new 7000 DP I just got.

I think they run about $30 per. Not a bad investment on a very unique beater.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Thanks Bish that is what I was wondering. I saw them in an add and wondered about them. Do you find them lighter than the standard DW beater? they look like they have allot less mass than the standard beater.

User Info Menu

I don't think there is much difference in overall weight. It could be a tad lighter but by adjusting the tension spring, it doesn't much matter what average weight of most beaters are.

I like it as a personal note.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Thanks for your imput!