Thread: Question.

User Info Menu

Question Question.

Hi everyone,
    Whats a Click Track?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Question.

Click tracks are generally used for recording. They set the tempo for the song. Once the drummer lays the song down and it's on time, the click is not needed. The rest of the band will play to the drums; unless, the music is extremely syncopated and some players need the click to play to.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bassist learning drums View Post
    Click tracks are generally used for recording. They set the tempo for the song. Once the drummer lays the song down and it's on time, the click is not needed. The rest of the band will play to the drums; unless, the music is extremely syncopated and some players need the click to play to.

great answer. just think metranome. its a click...click...click to the beat and you can control the tempo to the desired speed. some guys like to use them others would rather not. i use a visual metranome sometimes when recording.

User Info Menu

It's a mechanical device that gives you a headache and shows just how bad your timekeepiong really is. . .
    And the trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw. . .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by =^-..-^= View Post
    It's a mechanical device that gives you a headache and shows just how bad your timekeepiong really is. . .
    I have one and this is so true...
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by =^-..-^= View Post
    That's funny. Our band used one that was a voice saying 1,2,3,4. Funny at first, but after a while it was very nerving. 1,2,3,4 1,2,3,4, That voice continues to haunt me.

User Info Menu

QUOTE==^-..-^=;96452]It's a mechanical device that gives you a headache and shows just how bad your timekeepiong really is. . .[/QUOTE]

:

User Info Menu

yeah!! that deredded click track, it haunts me at night. my bands stuff always is speeding up, slowing down, changing beats and it did nothing but throw me off at first. we spent sooooo much time on that clicktrack because of all of the changes in the music, but when it was said and done, it really did recover ALL of my inperfections, and made the studio technicians job alot easyer.

i thought i was too good for it, but i was way wrong, that little click track had me like a monkey on a big red ball-i was all over it!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DamageDrummer View Post
    yeah!! that deredded click track, it haunts me at night. my bands stuff always is speeding up, slowing down, changing beats and it did nothing but throw me off at first. we spent sooooo much time on that clicktrack because of all of the changes in the music, but when it was said and done, it really did recover ALL of my inperfections, and made the studio technicians job alot easyer.

i thought i was too good for it, but i was way wrong, that little click track had me like a monkey on a big red ball-i was all over it!
    Clicks are fun. I like 'em! I use MORE COWBELL! as my click. Reminds me of 'Stone Free' by Jimi H.

Played that one a million times with Hendrix copy-cat bands, mates.

User Info Menu

Man Destroyer where have you been? You haven't been on here much lately!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    Man Destroyer where have you been? You haven't been on here much lately!
    LOL. I've been on vacation/gig dates/family/business@ Ft. Polk.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leesville,_Louisiana
    Last edited by Destroyer; 07-28-2008 at 11:25 PM.