Thread: Give me some opinions

User Info Menu

Default Give me some opinions

on this snare. I don't know a whole lot about the number of plys or anything but Im looking for a new snare and this one intrigues me for the price. Any opinions appreciated.

Post fixed because Im an idiot.
    Last edited by Dawgkikker; 07-11-2008 at 11:48 AM.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

Default Re: Give me some opinions

Sorry Dawg I'd like to help but there is no link or picture so I can't tell what snare you are asking about. Did I miss somethong?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    Sorry Dawg I'd like to help but there is no link or picture so I can't tell what snare you are asking about. Did I miss somethong?
    No you didnt bro Im just having a Monday on a Friday.
    Dave

RIP my friend

User Info Menu

Wish I could be of help, Dave but, I don't know much about this particular drum. From what I've read, it seems to be a mid-range snare in terms of quality and price. You will get a nice warm tone from an all maple shell but, remember that it is the number of plys that make the difference. The greater the plys the denser the shell and the more focused the tone.

User Info Menu

I think for the money it is one of the best snares you'll find. I was at GC when someone bought one. They tuned it up and were smacking away on it and I found it to be quite pleasing.

I also like the gig bag that comes with hit. If I needed a snare, I would seriously consider it. Plus, buying from GC you have at least 30 days to try it out and find out for yourself if it is what you truly want.

Have fun.....I'm getting GAS now....GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    I think for the money it is one of the best snares you'll find. I was at GC when someone bought one. They tuned it up and were smacking away on it and I found it to be quite pleasing.

I also like the gig bag that comes with hit. If I needed a snare, I would seriously consider it. Plus, buying from GC you have at least 30 days to try it out and find out for yourself if it is what you truly want.

Have fun.....I'm getting GAS now....GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks Bish. Im gonna call them now and see if they have it in stock. In not I'll get them to order it.
    Dave

RIP my friend

User Info Menu

it looks good to me 7ply maple is usually good. I would go to a guitar center and pay on it before you buy it. Make sure that you look at lots of things before you decide on one thing without looking at anything else to make sure it is exactly what you want

User Info Menu

On another note, my GC has probably 12 snares setup for testing. To my ear, most sounded tinny or hollow with no warmth. If that was all I had to choose from I might not like snares.

Realize that you really need to tune the drum to your specs before just jumping on one and hitting away.

I want to emphasize that (at GC) they retuned that snare before the guy bought it. Store tunings for the most part are not what you will end up with in owning a new product. Keep that in mind when floor shopping.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

looks pretty good to me, and i love the case
    being a succesful musician has nothing to do with being signed, popular or making alot of money. It has to do with making great music.

User Info Menu

Tama makes good drums just like all the big names .This one is maple and should have a warm sound too it . I also like the idea of getting a bag with it , especially if you are keeping the one youre currently using . Bish brings up a good point too , you have 30 days to take it back .