Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RCA/SONY Record Deal Baby

User Info Menu

Default RCA/SONY Record Deal Baby

Yes this is true, my band Wide Eyed Coma is actually signing a deal with RCA records, second weekend in August, I am so excited I can't hardly stand it, no only are we signing to a record label, we are signing to a HUGE label.

Here is how it happened.

My guitar player Jason works for microsoft, in the shipping/receiving dept, well it just so happened that the son of the CEO of RCA records came in to check on his machine, they got to talking, one thing led to another, he got our CD, he loved it, called his dad, his dad said lets do it, get them over here, lets sign them and make sure they have a lawyer present. The son will be producing our album, he just finished producing and recording Faith Hill and Tim Mcgraws new CD's and is currently working on American Idol winner David Cooks CD, not to mention other projects, so we are meeting with them the 2nd or 3rd weekend in August.

This is such a HUGE dream come to for all of us, I just can't believe that it is coming true.

We all however know that it is going to be very hard work, lots of shows, lots of pressure, but man this is what we all want, this kind of hard work is worth it in our opinions.

Just thought I would share my great news, I am so excited.
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

User Info Menu

Default Re: RCA/SONY Record Deal Baby

Very big congratulations!!!

Good luck cuz now you must conform to your employer.

Just a couple words of caution. Be sure you read and understand everything. Some "signers" steal the life of a band making them do this or that which may conflict with your ideals and you have to decide if it is what you really want. Hope that makes sense.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

WOW, Congratulations, I feel like I'm talking to a famous person right now. Please stay in drum chat even if you get extremely rich and famous.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: RCA/SONY Record Deal Baby

A Very Big Congratulations To You And Yer Band!!!!
    CAN I ASK HOW OLD YOU ARE?SOME "PHATHERLY" ADVICE... Dont Ever Forget Its A Business,,,,,Dreams Come & Go
    Always Have Plan "B"/"C"/and Possibly "D"
    Ready To Go At A Moments Notice, AND A QUARTER FOR DA PHONE CALL HOME... Dont Let "Phame"change Ya (cos It Will)Get Yer Priorities Straight....Dont Forget Da People Ya Met On Da Way Up(so They Are Willing To Catch Ya On The Way Down)WE Are Always Here For Ya ....DONT BE AFRAID TO ASK(And Myself In Particulair That Has Been There,done That,sold Da Tshirts And Still Hear It On Da Radio....If Ya Need To Chat ....Im Here For Ya)_....You Go Guys(can I Get An Autographed Cd?)!!!!!!
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

Good for you and Wide Eyed Coma!! It's a different journey for you. You got some terrific advice from both Bish and Phrogge. Accept all of our congratulations and wishes for success.

User Info Menu

Wow man that's awesome, Congratulations!
    “The doctor listens in with a stethoscope and hears sounds of a warpath Indian drum.”

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone, and YES we are going to go in this very cautiously, we already have a very good lawyer, and we will ride the wave as long as we can, and if and when it end, at least I can say is I got to ride it.

And I will NEVER forget were I come from, I am very down to earth, this to me is just a next step in our career, but I will never forget my friends, or my buddies at drum chat, you probably won't even no anything has changed.

User Info Menu

That is awesome Dwdrummer!!! I hope you and your band does great!! good luck!
    being a succesful musician has nothing to do with being signed, popular or making alot of money. It has to do with making great music.

User Info Menu

Congratulations on the record deal, great news, good luck with everything!!
    Gretsch Catalina Birch 6 piece fusion set (10,12,14,16in. Toms, 22 Bass). Sabian 20" HH Classic Ride, 16" Istanbul Agop Dark Crash, & Zildian K 13" Hi-hats.

User Info Menu

and may i add, im sure u know this but u are really lucky! there is prolly plenty of us (including me!) that would love for our band to get a big record deal like that! Great job!
    being a succesful musician has nothing to do with being signed, popular or making alot of money. It has to do with making great music.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by justinmill14 View Post
    and may i add, im sure u know this but u are really lucky! there is prolly plenty of us (including me!) that would love for our band to get a big record deal like that! Great job!
    That is all this is honestly is pure 100% LUCK, we just happen to run into the right person, from out of nowhere, he liked our stuff and BAM, thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Very big congratulations!!!

Good luck cuz now you must conform to your employer.

Just a couple words of caution. Be sure you read and understand everything. Some "signers" steal the life of a band making them do this or that which may conflict with your ideals and you have to decide if it is what you really want. Hope that makes sense.
    lol, man I have been conforming to my employers since day one of my first job, but this time, I don't mind, if I get to sit behind my kit everyday and play music for a living.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DWdrumr View Post
    That is all this is honestly is pure 100% LUCK, we just happen to run into the right person, from out of nowhere, he liked our stuff and BAM, thanks.
    yep, its ur guys destiny!

User Info Menu

Congratulations man. Your very lucky.

User Info Menu

Congratulations!!!! I hope it works for you! The lawyer is a great idea. Keep us updated!

User Info Menu

Wow I just got in on this thread, wow, congratulations that is huge news!

User Info Menu

Thanks guys.

User Info Menu

so what type of music u guys play?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by justinmill14 View Post
    so what type of music u guys play?
    Check us out www.myspace.com/wideeyedcoma they are horrible recording, but yu will kinda get where were coming from.

User Info Menu

way to go bro
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

awesome

User Info Menu

Congrats Kevin!! I know you've worked hard, so although this is called "luck," luck is really nothing more than skill and opportunity coming together at the right moment. Best to you and the band!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

WoW Kev that is good news! Congratulations buddy!
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

I'm excited for you. We all do life. It is our choice to live life in the "routine" or in the "extraordinary" Live life large and healthy. Bless you and the group.

DL
    Last edited by DrummerLady; 07-12-2008 at 12:46 PM. Reason: word left out

User Info Menu

Awesome stuff Kev! Rocking news, mate and all the best with it
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate