Thread: New Gear

User Info Menu

Default New Gear

i wanna add something new to my kit. any suggestions.
    i already have a double bass pedal
    max

User Info Menu

How much do you have to spend?

Have you tried a zil-bell? They are essentially a large bell like on your ride.
    I think they go for $100 or less.

User Info Menu

thats a lotta bread. do you ride it like a ride cymbal
    max

User Info Menu

if your gonna do a bell do a cowbell man. they rock!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

cowbell = yuck......i guess cuz im from the south and it reminds of all the gajillian dumb ugly cows we have down here...

User Info Menu

hahah cows smell.
    personally, i would go get some like roto-toms or something.
    or those crazy laser sticks!!
    have you guys seen those things, everytime it is struck, it emits a beam of laser up to 500 feet out!

crazy
    When drummers are away from their instruments, which is quite often, they often resort to air drumming. Although often distracting to others, playing air drums provides drummers with a mental practice session that can help a great deal.

User Info Menu

You mean these...

...at $159.95 a pair,too rich for my blood (unless I could someone into buying me a pair - ha!).
    Otherwise, I'd go with the cowbell.

User Info Menu

hmmm....i would go with the roto toms...or maybe a new cymbal (try just going to your local music store and see if they will let u try out diff cymbals...u nvr know....i've come accross some really great cymbals like that before...or if ur lucky ur local shop will have used cymbals for sale...u can get some great deals like that and find some wierd stuff u've nvr heard of....)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer
    You mean these...

...at $159.95 a pair,too rich for my blood (unless I could someone into buying me a pair - ha!).
    Otherwise, I'd go with the cowbell.
    yea those things are nuts!!! hahaha i mean fog machines are a bit much..but these....wow
    When drummers are away from their instruments, which is quite often, they often resort to air drumming. Although often distracting to others, playing air drums provides drummers with a mental practice session that can help a great deal.

User Info Menu

When in doubt...just buy a "lap dance" (or two).

User Info Menu

im goin wiht the lap dance

User Info Menu

LAP DANCE, LAP DANCE !!!
    I would get an LP Ice Bell. They're like the bell on your ride, but much more clean, clear, and pronounced. I love mine. They have a 6", and an 8". I would go with that.
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

I'll vote for the lap dance! No really, Roto toms are a great addition to any kit. Well worth the money. That Z bell is a good choice too. Got any wood blocks?

User Info Menu

Try a tamborine that sits on top of your hats. Adds a cool sound
    Rock Till Ya Drop

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Try a tamborine that sits on top of your hats. Adds a cool sound
    I have been wanting to try those for so long now. You can switch between the HH and the tamborine right? And cut one out when you want to use the other? I was just wondering because it looks like they work in conjunction the entire time.
    Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

User Info Menu

The do work in conjunction 4. Here's a close up --> http://store.drumbum.com/skuA-68.html.

User Info Menu

Yea, they work in conjunction the entire time. They just "ride" the top rod up & down. I didn't have room for the tamborine jingles above my hats, so I took SMALL high-pitched sleigh bells (about 10) and wrapped them around the top hats' clutch. It's quite suttle-sounding, yet it adds something a little different to the sound of your hats.
    Like people are sugesting, I have 4 Remo Roto-toms (6,6,8,10"). I took another 10" and removed the head use it as a Remo Spoke. I love roto-toms. You can't go wrong with them - where else can you get 3 toms with a stand for such little money...

User Info Menu

Thanks for the link Drummer, I needed to see that. And Metal, you are right, those roto toms are awesome and inexpensive. SWEET!!!!
    Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

User Info Menu

i've been thinking about adding some roto toms for along time....after hearing all that u guys have said about them i think that i really will

User Info Menu

I've had my roto-toms since 1986. Remo used to make two "levels" of roto-toms. Both sets were 6",8",10".

The basic set had a single-braced stand, a silver cross-bar (to hold the toms), a black "spoke" behind each head, and pinstripe heads.

The "deluxe" set had a double-braced stand, a black cross-bar, chrome "spokes", and ebony pinstripe heads.

I bought the "deluxe" set and put clear pinstripe heads on them to match the rest of my set. Later a friend gave me a "basic" set.
    In the pic, you can see the "basic" set mounted to the "deluxe" set.

You can also see the sleigh bells mounted on my hi-hats.

User Info Menu

I sold my deluxe remo toms this year and now wish I would have kept them.
    Rock Till Ya Drop